Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I get back after 2 weeks to find my charts not working!

Mr_S
Super Contributor
There seems to always be something wrong with this platform and nothing done about it!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
topgun
Super Contributor
Try to update your Java...no one else seems to be complaining?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
i got the lastest version 6, but ill delete it and reinstall it again n see what happens.
0 Kudos
messager
Contributor
You won't find a better platform in South Africa!
0 Kudos
vurt
Contributor
Ah, good. I thought it was just me. :) Browser locks up and you have to kill it? It's recently started for me. Coincidentally +- a few weeks as well.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Exactly!! i even downloaded java again and still no change, i thought maybe its my comp but now im having doubts! and OST DIDNT EVEN RESPOND TO MY QUERIES ABT THIS ISSUE!!! as per usual!, and when they do reply they will probably tell me to download java :-l
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
as I have repeatedly said .. this is not a support forum .. and we have not changed anything with the charts in recent weeks, nor are we seeing any other clients with problems .. contact the call center ..
0 Kudos
tangot
Occasional Contributor
Experienced the same problem since Friday, on two different PC's. It works if you right click on charts and open in new window but otherwise its loading on and off.
0 Kudos
vurt
Contributor
Nah, it's not OST. It's a problem with recent Java and browser updates. Make sure your Java and your browser are fully up-to-date. If that doesn't work by itself, fiddle with your browser Java plugin settings. Make sure you're using the latest Java browser plugin. If you are, try using the older one. This will help a little:

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/new_plugin.xml

For me on Linux, I managed to fix this problem by using plugin2 instead of the older one. It seems to be more common with the Java 6 and Firefox combination. Otherwise, good luck ...
0 Kudos