Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I have lost the back and forward commands on the site

stores
Super Contributor
Hopefully someone can tell me how to reset them. (I have them availiabe on other sites). Thanks
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
SKALA
Super Contributor
I have same problem; thouht I did something stupid again!!
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
It is like Dstv compact and select. If you pay less you get less. Recession bites Standard Bank aswell, you know. If you sign up for easy trader you will get both back and forth back. That should be both forth and back back.Make sense, doesnt it? Ag well,click the little red cross in the upper right corner of the screen, it will take you further back than you bargained for. Seem I am on the economical suite also.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Yes what is p with that!! Geez how anoying!!
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
Same problem and only on this site. Can somebody help please?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I have no idea what you taling about ?? you mean on the browser ?? are you using IE6 ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Try using the alt+back arrow and alt+forward arrow to go back and forward respectively. It might be the browser settings and not standard bank. Go to view, then toolbars and make sure that the standard buttons is checked i.e. has a tick next to it.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Simon for example. If you open a thread and then want to go back to the last 30 posts you used to be able to press the blue return arrow at the top left of the screen which is now missing. Now I have to press the last 30 posts again which is expensive on the G card. I am using Windows Internet Explorer.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Thanks. It works. Pitty we do not have the blue arrows on the screen though.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you talking arrows within OST (not browser)? In the forum? I never seen them? Will ask IT.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There is also another little trick. When the timer runs out, on the countdown to being logged off, if I click on the close button then quickly click on any menu item before being logged off I somehow manage to stay logged on. Its a handy thing to know when luch takes too long to make.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the 2 arrows < > to go back annd forward on the web page are missing.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Icons still missing and also the refresh icon.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Please help with this somebody!!!!!!!!!HELP!!
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Simon...I am sure that this is a quick fix...You are welcome to come to my place and I can explain what the problem is my screen. (I probably did not explain it well in my original posts). I work/play from home in the Sandton area and there is always beer and some red wine here.
0 Kudos
Dave2
New Contributor
It's only when use Internet Explorer to log on to OST that I lose the backwards and forwards web browser arrows. When I use Firefox, everything works fine.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
first trick .. DO NOT use IE 6 .. secondly, nobody has yet told me if this is browser or website ??
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Well if you click from standard bank website on 'share trading' when the new window appears with no back and forward buttons, however if you copy the web address and paste it in on a window which has the back forward buttons it works. So its happening when you open the site from the SB main page. So guessing its a website issue. Now FIX it!!!hehe' Your whole wide world is in my hands!!!! Nice song from 'HOLE' listening to it now, so take that!!
0 Kudos