Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I know I am right

Not applicable
Its been a real revelation how some of the more frequent posters here just cannot tolerate the thought that their view may possibly be wrong. They treat it as some major attack on themselves and indeed the very status quo evidenced by the frequent use of the plural pronoun “weâ€�. But can “weâ€� blame them? No of course not its human nature to want to be right. Luckily I have gotten to the stage where I KNOW I am right…. But seriously though it is a very very strong inherent some would say primitive need for human beings to be right. But we must remember the market loves to use the very emotions and drives we need to survive as a species to feed itself. A challenge of your view is not a challenge of your worth or potency or intelligence or TA abilities. When someone tells me I am wrong I think….thank goodness someone brought this possibility to my attention. Should that change your trade set up? No of course not but I can make you see the potential of the other point of view and because you can see the potential of that point of view you may just be less likely to jump the gun or stay in a losing trade longer than you need to. So lets challenge views as vigorously as we can …it’s the only way you can make a real fool of yourself and as a trader that is a very good thing indeed.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Its been a real revelation how some of the more frequent posters here just cannot tolerate the thought that their view may possibly be wrong. They treat it as some major attack on themselves and indeed the very status quo evidenced by the frequent use of the plural pronoun WE. But can WE blame them? No of course not its human nature to want to be right. Luckily I have gotten to the stage where I KNOW I am right. But seriously though it is a very very strong inherent some would say primitive need for human beings to be right. But we must remember the market loves to use the very emotions and drives we need to survive as a species to feed itself. A challenge of your view is not a challenge of your worth or potency or intelligence or TA abilities. When someone tells me I am wrong I think....thank goodness someone brought this possibility to my attention. Should that change your trade set up? No of course not but I can make you see the potential of the other point of view and because you can see the potential of that point of view you may just be less likely to jump the gun or stay in a losing trade longer than you need to. So lets challenge views as vigorously as we can Â…it is the only way you can make a real fool of yourself and as trader that is a very good thing.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the important point is how do we measure right ?? coz if we use profit or loss we in for a heap of pain as that is the one thing we cannot control .. it has to be on discipline ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
a sage point ...but ultimately what is right and wrong needs to be measured against profit and loss. I do not trade for self congratulatory knowledge that I had the right discipline.....I am trading to make money. You cannot go on for 5 years making a loss and say ah well at least I had the right dicsipline so I was right....you are then doing something wrong. What i was trying to get across was that often more is to be learnt from being wrong than being right and that being reminded of how right you thought you were at the time when you were really being an idiot is good. I speak for myself here.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Dear Jesus - take a tablet man!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The more I read these posts the more I realize traders are just specimen of their own.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja ons issie lekke inni koppie
0 Kudos
Not applicable
maybe they should have watched the video?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I think you have lost it man...beyond redemption ...have no shame?
0 Kudos