Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I need advice

Not applicable
Let's say i hae R 1300, which is my life savings, i open a standard bank trading account and now i must trade, now should i use futures to gear my investment as my capital is below the minimum requirement or should i just stick to the index which cost a certain price like the Satrix Divindend Plus and hold my position for 2 or 3 years
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
methinks that if you have R1300 as your life`s savings you should stay clear away from this place.
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Did you deposit your R1300 into your trading account ?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The monthly cost of maintaining your OST account is 4% of your capital per month. You will pay almost 10% for the shares you buy in the first place because of the brokerage. If its your life savings, the loss and cost will depress you, and you'll pay another 10% to sell the shares you bought. By the end of the first month you've come with R1200 and left with R900. You'd need to make back 30% on your first trade just to cover costs.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
go to Standards trade shares and instalments for just R50. actualy works out to about R75/trade if u trade warrants or instalments.b 4 buying warrants read up as much as u can
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
I think you should divorce her and marry a nice princess like i did.Then it does not mater what the price of gold is.......good luck
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
sorry i thought i read wifes savings.
0 Kudos