Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I really like this share

Preston
Super Contributor
My gut feeling is telling me to go big on this share. From a technical point of view i am sitting on the fence, ever so slighty leaning on the bearish side. Any views out there?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
This sector very dull and will take years to recover. Very few major infrastructure projects on the go and not too many in the pipe-line. Even with housing, development seems slow?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I suggest that you read through the results announcements of the major construction firms and have a look at recent price action (MUR, AEG, GRF, WBO, BSR)...improving orderbooks secured at better margins, full provision for outstanding competition commission fines as well as problem contracts...the outlook is improving, earnings growth from these levels will be in the mid teens + and forward PE's are fair. CGR may be the sleeper...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just a side question to ask, will these guys be able to earn the same kind of returns without colluding?
Are the assumptions by the investors based on prev colluded returns?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, they got issues .. very old (read expensive) plants from the 70's with Sephaku coming on stream next year (I think) with much lower cost production .. hence the move by PPC into Africa which may or not work but Africa means head to head with Dangote who are also backers in Sephaku
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Bronwyn's co-host on Business Tonight, last night, was very bullish on PPC over the next 7 years.....Just cant remember his name at the moment.
0 Kudos
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
These projects are also so painfully slow to implement.... 3 years and still going to build interchange on N2/Durban/Umgeni/Springfield - with all this "slack" in construction why can't additional resources be allocated ...work at night/weekends? The construction co's don't come across as strong enough on these projects and drive the process.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Nope the other guest.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
LABAT AFRICA FORCAST BEST GROWTH FOR 2015. GET IN ON THIS ONE. THEY EXPECTED TO BUY OVER A BIG COMPANY SOON SHARE PRICE IS ON A BIG INCLINE OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. ENJOY THE RIDE UP.
0 Kudos