Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I smell fear...

GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Very Risky, but this can be a GREAT trading opportunity. Just lifted a halt in trading and this thing fell off a cliff. Overeaction or justified - we'll soon see...
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
klapka
Super Contributor
Many shareholders were unhappy about the elitist BEE deal with ANC big wig. I am not risking going in with this latest news. But one to watch certainly because it should have a lot going for it.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
I went in today more on the basis of what I would like to term "Fear Trading" or "Look ma - big hit on the Stop Losses"... I have had good success with these kind of trades when reaction to an event leads to irrational overselling. Same thing happend with UUU a few months ago on the Kazak news. Must say though, this may look like a hold for the longer term too?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
This share has been consistenly weak despite paying a 40cps divi and even before the latest news that the 2009 AFS was printed without the company having received an audited opinion!! While it might represent a trading opportunity, their financial controls seem to be a shambles and the FD appears to be a clown...with Phosa as BEE partner and Matilda Gaboo (google her) joining as an executive director at his insistence, the circus seems ready for action!! Hoist the big top...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
_Executive_ director... frightening... One would have hoped that people of this ilk would keep their hands in the cookie jar and leave the steering wheel alone...
0 Kudos