Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I think its time for a roll call.

john_1
Super Contributor
This forum is so quite, I think its time we find out who is who, what you do.
0 Kudos
119 REPLIES 119
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Hi Johno. Still here by the skin of my teeth
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
I sit mainly in cash (still), but burned my fingers big time last week and don't trust that the sub prime jitters are over. Bottom line is the Yankees live way too far above their means and the world and big business are calling their bluff on it. I feel still bearish. OMO
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
PDs watching, listening, roflmao
0 Kudos
Harley
Contributor
John, you meaning occupation wise? You first.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Moved most of my holdings to gold approx 2 months ago, did not experience much red.

Am semi retired, trade as a hobby with 100k
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi Guys I am 35 years old, I am maried with 2 children. I own a manufacturing businss and I trade as a passion and for the cash. I have been in he market for 5 years trading for 3 and still know nothin.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Richie - Durban trader...trying to make back losses from last week.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Now! you tell me, Ive been following your posts as if you were my Guru.
I am 57 years old, ex Eskom, used to own a computer shop, now partner in a Petrol site,living on the beautiful Cape peninsula.
Married to a beautiful Italian now past 37 years, had 3 children, all deceased, each its own sad story.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
45 plus - two children - one at Stellenbosch university. Stay in Somerset west. Trading a hobby. I can definitely not make a living out of it - looking for a business to buy. Had a kwiksapr years ago. Also a bit bearish at the moment
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
Marketing exec to pay the bills....trading is my passion. Still in two minds whether to trade full time or not. Any day traders making a living out there care to share your experiences? Been short on TOPI and OLM for most of the bloodbath but lost 40% of my trading capital on the SPG debacle.....apparently Allen Grey were pushing for a ridiculous price (R18?) so management backed out of the deal. My thinking was it was a done deal to go to R16,80 and would have made my first million trading and then the deal collapsed....hohum....AG are NOT my favourite people at this time!!!
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
I am 42. In the export meat business (mainly Europe)although qualified as an accountant.Only recently started trading but have always followed the market it has been a passion. Have taken a few "klaps" on the market recently, Currently holding a few shares SBK, PPC and BAW so today was a good day.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
54 married 2 kids.I run my own investment company(cc)-this is how I live-basically I invest over long term and trade every now and then.Recent correction is largely irrelevent in the picture I have-basically I look back and forward with a 10 year view.got me interested in buying again after being mainly out of market with a high cash content-could be some more downside which is what I am hoping for.I have been on my own now for 11 years and it has proved to be a great decision-I have time for family and my income has significantly increased-first couple of years were a bit hairy but that is now behind me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Howdy.I`m 37 with one kid.I`m a artist (commercial art).I spend more time trading,than art.Trading is so addictive that im now trading fulltime and art is my hobby :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Engineering student @ Potchefstroom University. Started trading this year, things started beautifully, but then I got caught highly geared on this correction. Was up 60% two weeks before the correction. Lost 50% of my starting capital. Maar so leer mens!!! Revenge trading does not work!!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ega sorry to hear about the kids, that has got to be one of the hardest things that can happen in a life time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi, Just came back from working overseas on a crew charter boat in the Carribean. Not so wonderful as you may think. Purchased a small holding and doing organic vegetable farming in between trading. Trading as a hobby and learning every day. Great forum with very helpful people. Nice to be part of the "family."
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
Stay in Wilderness, am 48 yrs old, own business, when not working or fishing enjoy having a peak at the markets which i've been doing since age of 23
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
32 years - was a street child sniffing glue until 30. developed the idea of aromatic(flavoured) sniffing glue and have never looked back. most forumites here use my products here as you can tell by their posts. i'm currently working on an electronic bullsh*tometer that is compatible with this platform. Reliabililty may be an issue due to the outlandish readings expected from my forum family...
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
have you thought of franchising, would be open to representing you here in the western cape. Does you product gell in a salt enviroment?
0 Kudos