Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I think its time for a roll call.

Conrad_1
Contributor
30, employed in the online gaming industry - nice chilled enviroment.Been trading now for a year or so. enjoying the forum!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
46 years, married with no human kids, only animal kids - run my own business. Just started trading on the stock market with some spare cash about 3 months ago and have had a roller coaster ride - Wow! Quite scary to see your money disappear, but riding out the storm.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pushing 50 - scientist, married with 3 kids. Investing since '87, trading online occasionally for about a year.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
What a SHweeet post. A break from the bull-bear cartwheels. I am 32 TODAY yay! Have a spread of investments. Want to buy a business, but then who needs one if I can learn to trade PROPERLY and then enjoy living. Always had keen interest in Economics. So far trading portfolio is down 2%. Got a split of cash, trading stocks, and holdings for divs, interest, and rand hedges. Learning curve on trading skills is definately happening. Loving it :-) And these threads are full of funnies to keep the smiles during the dizzying rush. Feeling Bearish - so. traders, how do you get profits out of a bear?
0 Kudos
prof
Regular Contributor
married /3kids/been investing since noah built the ark/50 yrs old. been through many stock market crashes.lost millions on 9/11 as i also had a ton of borrowed money./tip ;of the day/dont use borrowed money.have own distribution bussiness
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Happy Birthady. Its my little girls tomorrow she will be 3. as for thr bear I believe that if the market fall it takes everything with it so I trade the downside with a alsi 40 futures contracts short. R1000 for every 100 points per contract.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is so interesting - I have been wondering since I started about 5 months ago who everybody was - especially the ones giving the advice (keep it up) - Pleased to meet you all. I'm from Durban, 42 female with 3 children 12, 9 and 4 - haven't done very well these last few weeks but then I dont know enough - will have to go to the free courses who knows in 5 years time I may also be giving advice!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is so interesting - I have been wondering since I started about 5 months ago who everybody was - especially the ones giving the advice (keep it up) - Pleased to meet you all. I'm from Durban, 42 female with 3 children 12, 9 and 4 - haven't done very well these last few weeks but then I dont know enough - will have to go to the free courses who knows in 5 years time I may also be giving advice!!
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
WAs hopelesly successful the last weeks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
29 (wet behind the ears as a trader) Engineer, learning from the forum (keep the advice coming). Not married and living abroad wondering if i should come home.
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
CT, 50something, 3 adult kids plus gorgeous hubby, part time sailor, property dabbler, PNC been my pension fund amongst others ..many losers too, been with SBk online trading since they went live & still learning from you guys. Never touched futures
0 Kudos
Not applicable
38. Freelance copy writer when not on the Playstation. 2 pigeon-pair kids aged 9 and 13. Been dabbling in shares for about three years. Am entirely convinced that SXR/UUU will eventually give me back all the money it took from me over the past two weeks. Otfen wsih taht OST wloud incldue a splel chekcer on tihs froum.
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Lawyer in SA and UK. Old enough to have 2 of 3 children leave SA but young enough to still visit them.
0 Kudos
hobo
Contributor
Stoot vir die vloot! (ACF 1966)
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
bored sap consultant 38 with a wife and 2 gorgeous kids. dreaming of the days when i could be surfing during the day and golfing when i am not surfing. trading because i quite like it, but time is not my friend at the moment as i can't afford the time that is needed to trade.
0 Kudos
gida
Contributor
28 1 child, single black female. Love trading (used to be a Canadian show called traders on the tv) ... though am too scared to take my real money (100k life savngs) out of safe havens... and have no time to watch market all the time am waiting for 24 Aug LDT for my pref shares... currently just want to buy just to receive the dividend check ... made R400 off MVL, lost R600 off AFO and am 44% down on PPC installments... (small money big sentiment!)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
28. Working at Investment bank in London. Do miss CT but trading JSE and watching this forum nice way to keep tabs on SA during the day. recently started trading futures so I could go short. Has helped me recover most of my losses but most of those losses were from gains from a bumper first year of trading so can hardly complain. keep the posts coming.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Shucks, babe, Traders waz a good show; useta watch on me neighbour's tv when he was away (an the armed response disconnected). Hooda thought the Canadians could do somethin as interestin as that, eh?. Though, come to think of it, the Toronto market is, like, the most crooked stock exchange on the planet. Place to go if you has dodgy gold, uranium or other shares to flog.
0 Kudos
faure
Frequent Contributor
21 and an economics student, been trading since I was 14 (forex, SFF's, CFD's and shares). Got a potential intership coming up this summer - on the way to living the dream.
0 Kudos