Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I think its time for a roll call.

Not applicable
Hehe. I will be sure to plant adequate quantities of trees and shrubs on the plot. There is already several trees like Lemon, Quercus Suber x2(Cork Oak),Avos, Nectarine etc. Perhaps the Stock Market will pick up or stabilise when the Spring Solstice starts? 21/22 Sept. I still think the JSE-Over needs to test 25000 points first. Cheers. BTTB.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
I'm 39, consult to a couple of organisations on strategy and marketing issues, run my own business and renovate houses (in my spare time) and not to forget, trade shares part-time (since late 2001)
0 Kudos
Chrzaszcz
Contributor
Neither young nor old, 3 kids, peripheral man. Started a new job as a consultant 4 months ago and decided that instead of letting my labour broker keep my "leave money" for me, I would invest it myself and see what happens. It is definitely a lot more fun this way. Got badly burned on warrants in the beginning, trading shares since (with varying results) and learning what I can.
0 Kudos
DZ
Contributor
Hi all.I'm 24 next month 25, no kids yet. Work at a bank in ct, no prizes for guessing which one, although I'm on the retail side. My dream is to get on the investment side so I can chat to Simon on the trading desk before he goes live on CNBC-haha! Studying towards Bcom just finished my ninth module. Lost some cash in the beginning then started to make some profits but now heavily in the red... but still love it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
31, from Jhb, SAP and Process Improvement Consultant, got my first little daughter on the way in a few months :-) As as when cash is available I invest and trade, trying to seek knowledge and educate myself as much as I can, passionate about economics, favouring a technical analysis approach, but often look at the fundamentals. Trying to establish a trading system that works - jnot so easy and the descipline is hard. The forum is great learnt loads. May we all pratice harder so that we can get luckier!!!
0 Kudos
Ginny
Contributor
Im 50 odd, live in PE - have been trading on and off for quite a couple of years (still know for nothing!!) but recently been involved with building an apartment - what a headache! Always trying to learn and understand the market! Married with chidren - working in London and a laat lammetjie at boarding school in Grahamstown. Work part-time @ business broking and bring BEE shareholding into largish companies.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
29 and launder funds, garnered illicitly through drugs and prostitution, through the JSE. As a cover I dabble in software development, and have managed to secure a suitable position at a financial institution. I own a dog, whom I've named Lars Ulrich (of Metallica fame). My favourite quote is "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****" - Jack Nicholson
0 Kudos
Jemaiks
Frequent Contributor
Hi all, I am 29 female, Auditor and returned now from working overseas for 3 years. Born in Cape town but is in Jozi now to work and then do MBA part time. Its only me, myself and I, dont have children, no cats and no dogs. Trading since beginning of the year.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
33, semi-retired doctor. Started trading with study loan. Added canadian dollars and pounds. Currently in Karoo Nat. Park, en route West Coast, Namibia. Trading all the way. Mobile internet great way of life.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Well now thats amazing. well done. This is the way to go, no staff no suppliers letting you down, no come backs from clients because they are to dumb to use your products correctly. this truly is the land of "teach a man to fish and he can feed himself for the rest of his life."
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Fishing in the Karoo Nat Park? Must have low protein requirements.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Traders pet mince and Underware for russian brides.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
mmm. .. no trophy. . .car. .. anytime soon then. My brides don't wear underwear.
0 Kudos
Mic
Super Contributor
36 and very handsome dont need much more.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
sigh. . . Mic, Mic, Mic . . . at 36 you really should know filthy rich beats handsome any day of the week.
0 Kudos
Mic
Super Contributor
Brazen..Brazen..Brazen I never said that I was poor!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
32, IT Manager and trading is my hobby
0 Kudos