Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I think its time for a roll call.

Not applicable
O and we going to win the Curry Cup again !!!
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Hennie you must be from Bloem then?
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
BTTB please do not build on the plot we need more plants to make oxygen.The trend is your friend.The markets move in large waves with smaller ones between, usually 4 to 5 days ,unless strong moves, then 2 to 3 days.Markets seems to be making a series of lower tops,could indicate more downside to come.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
From Jozi, married for 32 years, one child (Martin) who now lives is England because of all the crime here. I prefer to keep a low profile and trade long and short mainly taking small profits per day. Have been very lucky over the last few months trading the flow. The exception being Merafe where I have made big bucks by staying in the trade for a few monts, both long and short.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
There are no losses here,LJC,only school fees.Almost everyone who has made a fortune first lost a fortune.
0 Kudos
Thombo
Contributor
I am an SAP consultant in JHB. Been in and out the market for about 6 years , still learning and paying my school fees. Done well on some "lucky" picks and done bad on some. Right now I am looking at how to recover all of the last years profits which got wiped out in the last month. Got burnt by SSFs on SIM and MTX and a few others.
0 Kudos
Thombo
Contributor
- forgot , I am 36 , married with 2 boys - 5 years old and 10 months.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi gys 35 ,3 kids, 2 dogs, goldfish the works , love trading. semi retired now with a hardware store, an indstrial newspaper in richards bay , still lookming for a mission in life bt trading beats gambling etc anyday
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Hey LN semi retired at 35!!, man thats the good life, most of us plebs only start building carreers at that age.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Hey LN semi retired at 35!!, man thats the good life, most of us plebs only start building carreers at that age.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good month 5% of exposure...other wise 3% is livable.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
aged 40, married with three kids, currently work 4 the government! started trading a year ago, had hoped to retire early. unfortunately didn't work out that way. initially made some good profits, but then suffered some major losses. trade mainly warrants on the top40. hopin for a drop today to buy back in.
0 Kudos
Sharkie
Occasional Contributor
1959 Model Shark supporter from Douglas, Northern Cape, married, 2 sons, work in Agricultural Sector, trade as hobby, learn everyday a lot, trading for 2 and half years.
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Almost 55 and semi retired. Transport economist by training and experienced corporate treasurer. 3 children (risk analyst, lawyer and student in finacial maths) Heavily invested in residential property and rental income buys the groceries and pay for the holidays (4x4 travelling) Own estate agency on the sideline (nice extra income in niche client base) manage own long term term share portfolio (doing good) and trading portion (huge losses because we are born bulls (but WP supporters)and were caught long on topi call warrants - eina) Vision in life to do missionary work and to run "business" from Glentana - The most beautifull part of the world!!
0 Kudos
Frodo
Occasional Contributor
Am 29 finishing up articles at PwC, wasted some years on travelling and boozing...no kids that I know of.....trading a hobby, trying to focus on buying at the right time.....hoping to be semi-retired like some of you in the next couple of years!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
24, been trading last 18 months having lots of fun. Run my own business. Part time Architect.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Thanks John,
Compared to that a small thing like a market crash is a big laugh
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
24 living in cape town,no children,just graduated from stellenbosch and traveled.messed around on ski resrots for while.still studying towards CFA but working at a asset manager doing their back office work as a start.looking to head for ny next year TO MAKE SOME $AND COME BACK TO SA AND BUY A BUSINESS AND CHILL
0 Kudos