Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I wannabe a day trader

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Just in case Mr Market bends me over.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The one and only :-) Now don't go tell everyone.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
are they well experinced?in my opinion most forumites are trying to be trders - SBK has made it all sound so easy - their cost and lectures- trading like any other busineess takes time
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
what has been your good month and bad -can you give rand value
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
How was a little guy like me supposed to know that dealstream was trading in simmers, merafe and vox? Is there someplace where all of this is declared??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Hate my job, and would love to trade full time? Well join the club. I took a week off last year just to see what day trading would be like. Got everything going - real time charts etc. What an eye opener. First thing - trading part time and full time are two different worlds. Watching the market for 8 hours instead of 1 or two are a lot more strenuous. Trading just as you please instead of having to trade every day with targets makes live a lot more difficult. Here is my advice. Get your setup going at home and take a week's leave and trade in up and down days - every day and see how it goes. You might just be surprised with your finding.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't put all your eggs in one basket...
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I still stare at the numbers all day, every day. Wouldn't know how to manaage when my travelling kicks in.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is not important that dealstream was in those stocks .. all a trader does is respond to the price, the why is of zero importance ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Staring is one thing, but acting on Bollingers,MA,Fibonacci retrace with gap plays and scalping on 5min, 10min, 30min, hour and day charts on indicies and shares world wide are another. Two diffrent worlds so to speak.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
In look at the numbers and patterns form in my head.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I'm also trying to find an intraday graph on this site. Does anyone know where to get it?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
My advice strive to be profitable.. thats all that matters in the end..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
second question, what is the bare minimum capital amount needed to live off day trading?
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Old easten saying say if keep all eggs wun baskit, wahtch fukeen baskit.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
The 'hate my job" support group meets every evening at your local bar!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I don't have too many eggs therefore not cost effective putting them in different baskets.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
depends how easy you want it to be and how much you need.want to live .. R10k way way way too small .. R100k, maybe .. a bar - easy enough ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it's a very small world nhe?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
It is possible to make R1K a day with a startinbg capital of R10K. I was thinking of resigning and putting my pension into SSFs.
0 Kudos