Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I wannabe a day trader

SIMBA
Super Contributor
It seems to me a lot of you yonger people put to much stock in being a trader,of shares. I trade every day but i try to divided my effort between reserching the jse..my small property portfolio and my general buisness trading. I actuly have not purchases a share for 3 months,as i do not want to try and second guess the market. I have how ever made a good living by chaneling my eforts into the other arms of my portfolio..get the ground rules of running a profitable buisness right first and then day trading will not be such a big step..........
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
On days like this, I need to give this a big rethink!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why?? This is exactly the type of volatility day traders are waiting for
0 Kudos
Not applicable
actually the intraday volatility has been relatively low and I have yet to see more difficult conditions for day traders..the daily trading ranges are actually quite narrow...w cover a lot of territory but its all chop.....you gotta gotta wait for the squeezes ...if they dont happen just stay away...
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I got caught on the wrong side of the volatility.
0 Kudos