Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

I wish to start trading warrants now... please help

Not applicable
I have just understood what warrants and futures are and want to start trading them whether call or put, but I really dont want to loose. I want to be able to track the direction of most warrants and make decision well before changes occur in a short term. Most top shares have lost over 10% just this month alone. I want to know what causes that. Many puts have gain around or over 50% while calls lost. I wish to know when to start looking at buying the calls since when the market recover to the initial position, they will gain around or over 100% if they haven't expired. I want quick, risky trades with a higher chance of gaining than loosing. Thanks...
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
this is the best post ever. give me all your cash now and save yourself a lot of hassle.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Xoli... You really need to understand that this is not a quick way of making money. in fact what you are trying to do is lose money fast. start by understanding ur underlying shares deeply before you even think of leveraging, cfds, warrants and the lots. You have to understand where the underlying instrument is headed to make a call or put warrant... therefore some experience is what you need.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
reattend warrants course-and talk to some people
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
I suggest going all in!!! You know what to do!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Warrants FOLLOW momentum.They are useless in trading ranges.THAT s the key Info.##CFD's....much better.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Shado
Contributor
Xoli , please get all the basics right first ,you should know what the following means , life of warrant , effective gearing , delta, and the underlaying share and what it does to the waarrant,I would sugest that for starter, invest only 10% of the available funds now , and post another message in a months time. PS:and hope like hell that the website will always be avaible when you really have to exit, they have been very good in the past couple of weeks ,like yestreday.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eissssshhhhhh, not another one...warrant sans understanding equals school fees. ..X how much you got to invest? I can suggest a great low risk investment (high returns) for you if you got over3 bar.....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
warrents are not the tool for a sideways maket any more than a chainsaw is an effective tool in a surgery.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
uunless you plan on removing limbs...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Xoli-EXO Hi Chum U need write & tnk these guys on the forum. They have been real great in their reply to yrs And do not forget the reply about chain saw That says it all!!!!!! Jangat
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thank guys for your reply, you are helping. I'm currently putting just below R2K under this and want to go higher. Still doing some research on other things as well. I want to stay away from small cap shares and still make bigger gains but I cant afford to look into bigger shares for now. As markets are just falling I had managed to gain over 25% from small cap market and could have made more(...I started below R1.5K), I believe when I have the knowledge I can make use of Futures and other related securities. The knowledge I need is being able to track the market's direction and make reduce the risks. I'm still a student and don't want a formal job for a long time, so I want to trade until I can invest. Thanx, still need more help...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I do understand day trading makes more money for my broker than for me. Even if I can get a profit of R10 a day, I exit with something than just waiting for the right time to go in. Please give me some advice or suggestion I can you can. Thanx... (I didn't really get your statement)
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
CFD's are safer in my opinion, no time decay... With your 2k you could get 10k+ exposure..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
of course there is time decay .. yyou get charged interest every day including weekends and public holidays ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja, and that interest charge is on your total exposure, so absolutely, CDF's have time decay - only it it is not exponential, like a warrant
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
But at least your position won't lose half of it's value in a week if it doesn't move..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well that is a frot warrant .. you need to revisit your selection process ..
0 Kudos