Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

IG Markets and SBK OST

saash
Super Contributor
Have ruined the graph on SA markets. Simon - when are SBK going to get us some equivilent live feed daily tic charts? If IG can give it for free out of the UK, SURELY you guys can do the same locally?
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
SKALA
Super Contributor
I agree. So does IDEALCFD and their CFD platform is very lekker; even GT247 platform (full CFD) is OK.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
What r your thoughts on the gap made on US market toward close yesterday? Interesting, not something we see too often. Break-away gap, or inviting a close?
0 Kudos
Flash
Occasional Contributor
The Top40 was traded through last night and didn't close at 5:30 pm as usual. Seems that's why the graphs have been changed. Does anybody know about this change?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
yes IG is noe 24hours on the ALSI
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I see - IG trading Alsi 24hrs?
0 Kudos
timba
Frequent Contributor
John, if i may ask, how does this then affect the gap for example we closed somewhere in the 24500 and opened 200 odd points lower...would you say a gap is still in play??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I agree. SBK OST must have reached an ecomomy of scale to be able to provide the live charting service for a minimal or no fee. Why should most of the members on this site use other brokers and sites for live charting ? This should be a one stop shop.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
No use SBK OST brings more and more short term leveraged products to the market without live intraday charting to support the trading of those products.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
That's what I don't understand - If the platform was not intended for short-term trading, then why offer short term trading products at all.
John, what do think of the gap theory? I'm still in the view that the majority of the trading takes place in RSA trading hours, and so the gap theory shall still apply(?)
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Problem is that I don't know if my silly system rules will still work on the new trading hours graph - and worse is that its a new thing, so I can't even do a quick back-test :-(
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good question saash, im sure Simon will give an honest answer shortly..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Your kidding right? ... we all know that the products are offered because SBK knows its a good cash cow - especially when the loss probabilities are increased by the lack of product support.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya well actually .. our profit is not impacted by a client makign or losing .. we just sell risk .. so actually a profitable client is way better as they'll be around longer .. hence we do the occasional course ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
So when a barrier is reached - who gets all the meaty stuff?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well if anybody it would be the issuer (EQD or DB), not us as the stock broker .. but further, remember they are hedged .. so all they get is the theta ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
all you need to do is set the trading time frames for the future contract
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Good grief - do what?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well IG Market and ideal is the same thing so should offer you the advanced charting platform, so that you can then change the your trading time frame to "cash market only" ... so the charts will start at 9:00 and stop at 17:00. Nothing would have changed
0 Kudos