Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

IG markets

Not applicable
Anyone using the new IG markets SA service? Looks really decent (the demo model anyway).
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Ninja
Super Contributor
Marek, why use the IG SA system when you can use the London based system which is 100X better and offers you a trade on anything from MTN to pork bellies in china?? Try IG index.co.uk.......the site is so hot you will never look at anything based in SA again. (Except of course OST!! hehe)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is that betting legal with the new laws in place in SA? Doubt it....someone please advise..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well the thing is im still young so dont have a lot of trading capital, so i am not sure if the international account will be maybe out of reach. I will reseach the uk one though. Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The new SA betting laws forbid anyone betting overseas or playing any overseas lottos, They basically have the right to confiscate your money. so just keep this in mind.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yip, I read the lotto thing some time back. Its still amazing how many people call trying to sell Canadian lottos, etc. I never played them though. rather allocate my cash to solid businesses - e.g. I only buy real shares in real companies, thats why I use TDAmeritrade in USA and OST here for stock broker and custodarian (if thats the right word) of the shares.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Snap 1..I tried to transfer funds from Investec into IG Index and after a lot of argument they did do the transfer..I think that the words "spread betting" which ID Index uses is the problem.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
This is not betting, its trading the $, Euro and anything else you want to. Entry costs are a fraction of anything in SA, you can trade the Euro/Dollar spread with an account balance of $10!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ninja .. with respect .. you can't trade with $10 ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I agree, but the smallest position you can take is $0.76 per pip trading the euro/dollar. Your stop loss minimum is 0.76 X 2 (1 in 1 out) =$1.52 X 300% gives you a deposit required of $4.56. Therefore you can trade the $ with an account of less than $10 should you choose. I agree however that serious trading requires a much larger bank roll.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Oh, and congrats on winning best trading award with OST Simon, well deserved. I have referred at least 10 people to trade and study with OST and will continue to do so, nothing else comes close.
0 Kudos