Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

IGINDEX

Chem_I
Contributor
Is any body registered at this site www.igindex.co.uk. Can you tell me how much is the monthly fee.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
..and, like, a gazillion features. Free live streaming charts (including the entire jse), international indices, with live access to share prices from Sydney to the DJ to Hong Kong. Also live currencies, commodity prices, tracker funds..shucks, it's possible to watch the ftse, dow, topi, and an entire watchlist of local and international stocks. All yous gotta do is send them some fica stuff and they sign you up. Best of all, it don't crash, and is userfriendly. Even old dudes can use it.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
DO you hear that ...that sound of stamping feet,...Ah yes I know what that is. It is all SFM clients leaving to go were its simpler, faster, better.
0 Kudos
boing
Frequent Contributor
Are there any costs involved here at all? Monthly, once off? Do they expect you to start trading through them if you want to keep on receiving the info for free?
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
It seems like they make their money on the bid / offer spread, so yes I guess they will sooner or later expect one to trade. Ive just signed and discovered that they require the whole FICA thing as well. One question during signup was...account in Dollars, Euro's or Pounds. Any advice on which is better ?
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
IG excellent platform, have been using them the last 2 years, at least something worth doing the FICA thing for, unlike SA banks where u fica and they still get the address wrong
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Regarding 555 question... Can you trade in Rands or one of the other currencies?
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
trading SA futures you get the option of zar or gbp not sure if any other for futures and cant check now as our market is closed, others you have USD and other currencies
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
Probably been asked before, what about using Cortex? They any good?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cortex...looks interesting, can't see any costs though or price feed data...need to investigate more.
0 Kudos