Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

IMP

Frequent Contributor
What the hell is up with IMPLATS?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DEP
Super Contributor
Rotation: Short selling on Resources, long on banks and industrials.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
IMP trading at the same price as at the bigging of this year it must be more than rotation. I can also not see ZIMPLATS having such a big effect on the price.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also if you look at both imp and ams since bigging May 2008. Impala has lost 30 persent and AMS only 15 percent I know the companies price do not follow each other but they both sould follow the plat price that is up on average by a lot for this year.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
1169...Watch out - COULD FALL TO 17100!!!
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Lucas, resources had been going up while the rest of the top40 and especially banks were dropping. The result is that resources became expensive relative to the rest of the top40 while banks became relatively cheaper; and fund managers need to hold stocks with value, i.e. cheaper stocks. Things will change when a ballance is reached, or when the next interest hike occurs.
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
I'm new to this whole investing thing so I'm just applying what I read in books. Looks to me like IMP completed its double top formation then there was a slight throwback last week and now its on its way down to the projected target. Can someone please tell me if I'm way off and just forcing patterns that I've read about onto charts that don't necessarily exibit them? Thanks
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Damn i need to get out soon , HiSo which book did you read?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
many things, buut plat below 1900 not pretty ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just wait for the 6th August Mass mine Strike,Platinum Prices will Soar again,beyond the horizon....
0 Kudos