Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

INL - vexing results

partridge
Super Contributor
At what point will the directors take responsiblity and stop being disappointed/downhearted/depressed/downcast/disillusioned/dissatisfied?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
kwagga
Super Contributor
As long as Investec is exposed to Europe those words will remain for the next few years.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Has turned out to be the dog in my long term portfolio, but what really p..... me off is what the top brass(Koseff, Kantor etc) earn.High time they are remunerated according to the company's performance, and this goes for quite a few others as well.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Yes, I agree 150 %, also dog in my portfolio.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
I am glad I am not the only one feeling cast down/disgruntled/disenchanted. It seems they have a history of a) buying businesses at the wrong time ( Kensington ?) b) buying underscaleable businesses ( OZ, Israel)c) LENDING to the wrong people at the wrong time in the cycle (Ireland -besides which having lived and worked there in the asset management business I could have told you it would be a disaster before they tucked into that first pint of the black stuff and listened to that Irish charm.) That leaves asset management= the jewel in the crown. To move on? This model has got to change - and I don't have any ideas other than the obvious.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nothing vexing about the results .. they **** as hey have been since forever it seems ..
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
1% gain in Share price over 3 years, 20%loss in share price over 1 year.( ignores divs) I'm off to sell the Big Issue.
0 Kudos