Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

INL vs INP

Bangbielie
Contributor
I have been watching this share decline sharply since the US sub prime problem hit the markets. This site still recommends INL as BUY, and INP as a SELL. Any comments on this one?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
I agree - INP seems to be stuck in a groove even though Investec are happy with the offshore performance (and claimed the sub-prime effect was minimal)
0 Kudos
spacy
Contributor
Now that the US Sub Prime issue is partially. I think that buying INP for it to reach 8000 is probable since the likes of US lenders being in positive territory. Would anyone on the forum buy this?
0 Kudos
WBuffet
Contributor
Investec is a good company, with excellent management and an excellent track record of entrepreneurship. It is has been punished unfairly by the market on its exposure to the subprime market, which is immaterial in my reckoning. In my opinion, it is worth a buy.
0 Kudos
Yakah
Contributor
Hi Stacy I am buying as much as I can. The co. has extremely strong fundamentals (see articles on news page), PE of below 15 (hard to find, etc. etc. Somehow buying low and selling high works for me and bargains like this are hard to find in a drifting market. I want to make solid returns with as low risk as possible. This is one of those. Remember when Harmony hit R60? Everyone ran away. I had to sit tight for a little while but man was it worth it. Banks are offering very, very attractive buying opportunities at the moment and somewhere in the near future, SUB-PRIME will start fading and profits will be climbing. SA does not have a SUB_PRIME problem - sentiment changes very, very quickly. Have fun and God bless.
0 Kudos
Chrzaszcz
Contributor
And which one would you buy: INL or INP? And why?
0 Kudos