Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

INP chart looks so depressing.

Samir
Super Contributor
Especially when u bought at R78.
0 Kudos
98 REPLIES 98
Maddog
Regular Contributor
U telling me I got in at 81........just passed my stoploss.....as the song goes...... should I stay or should i go now if i stay there may be trouble............
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja this is a brilliant demonstration of how physics just doesnt apply to the stock market...I was appalled to see how many so called experts seem to be using this teqnique...seems to be a favourite of the summit band of experts....punted big time at the SFM investment outlook course...
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
The thing is Chartist, is that it is not only SFM punting INP. Most brokers are trying to drum up support for this counter.
0 Kudos
juggie
Contributor
i here u,got in @ R80,where 2 frm here?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tis simple. stop loss hit, exit.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
brokers are saying buy. what time frame? what risk? Never blindly follow advice, use it as a start point for your own digging.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I luckily exited on breakeven. In your opinions where is a good point to re-enter. Same applies for Standard and First Rand Bank.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Maybe bcause there appears to be consensus to sell,think maybe bcause of price earnings?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The weird thing is that it's not just brokers punting it. I know for a fact that fund managers in some pretty reputable houses have been buying Investec. Volumes on some of the trades also seem to back this up. I bought INL a while back and decided then that it would be a long-term purchase. It's heartbreaking to watch the graph every day, but I guess I'll just have to have some faith that the clever boys with the big salaries can't all have got this wrong. Can they?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon...if I recall correctly they said you can quite safely buy it "now"....that was when it was considerably higher that it is now...
0 Kudos
WBuffet
Contributor
I bought at around R77. The fundamentals are good for longterm and therefore I am in it for a long haul.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
chartist, the point of divergence is that it was an investment presentation. Not trading.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I rest my case. Some fund manager bought another huge whack of shares (R6.5mil) at 5pm again. Granted, that means someone also sold them, but I reckon there's still something in this one when the big players are still trading it. I'll hold.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would suggest that the advice given was more like trading advice....trying to catch bottom....investment advice would be to buy whats going up and sell whats going down
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and you will be right in the end cause INL will one day rally quite strongly ....even quite soon...what I object to is this bottom feeding mentality of the so called experts....anyone can do that...anyone can look at a PE......very few can given a meaningful set of circumstances which will maximise your chances of getting a good return on buying INL
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
We were not bottom feeding. This presentation followed on from the March one, and March next year will follow on from September this year, etc. In March 2007 we suggested investec and in this recent presentation we noted that it was the third worst performer of our picks losing 15% over the 6 months.

I again stress my earlier comment. This is an investment presentation and as such we're looking to build continuity and keep it relatively conservative. Further we do not want to be suggesting a completely new portfolio every 6 months and we saw no reason to boot investec out at this stage.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
even an fundamental analyst and "value investor" needs to keep in mind some of the very basic technical priciples....when you have a very clearly defined down trend....cross overs of the MA s even the 100 ema has crossed over the 200 (on massive massive volume)...since the sell of the 8 day has not crossed the 21 ema once....even my housekeeper could tell me that INL was in trouble a month or so ago...
0 Kudos