Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

INVESTEC PLC

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Now trading at +-R 56.00 with a PE ratio of 7.46, This is a solid international company and although burnt by subprime issues I can't help myself from thinking this must be VERY near it's bottom ( I can already hear the forumites shouting NEVER BOTTOM FISH.. )Any comments?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
scandal
Super Contributor
hehe interesting that you would post that comment. I would be inclined to agree with you, But with the mess looming in the US would you touch this one with a 10 foot pole??
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
I agree it's a mess but if you're looking for a high return albeit for for a high risk .. then maybe it's an option
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
And a great Div, though it may be under threat. Been collecting Ltd's here and there.
0 Kudos
ET
Contributor
I own some investec (paid adjusted R25 ages ago) and still like it but it sounds like the bigger concern isn't the sub prime exposure but the exposure to the crashing British property market. Also I don't see the directors buying! On the upside investec normally keeps a "cookie jar" of private equity type investments that the cash in during times like this to still meet profit targets. What happened about the whole JCI case? How low can they go? I dont know but I saw a good post earlier saying that someone sees strong support at zero.
0 Kudos
Frodo
Occasional Contributor
what is the difference between investec ltd and investec plc, I gather that the one is listed on the FTSE, but in a nutshell, how is the risk/rewards different between the 2?
0 Kudos
INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
ARE YOU A CAPITALISED( MAKE CAPITAL APPRECIATION) OR A DIVIDENDLIST( GET A DIVIDEND) EITHER WAY ITS GOING TO BE DIFFICULT TO MAKE MONEY FROM THE BANKING SECTOR IN THE USA CITIBANK WAS USD148.00 NOW SELLING FOR USD38.00 ALL THAT GLITTERS AT THE MOMENT IS GOLD WITH A 100% RETURN FOR 2008 WARREN BUFFET SAID THOSE WHO DIVERIFY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY DOING SO ITS GOLD GOLD ALL THE WAY LETS ALL PUNT DRD AND SEND THE SHARE NORTH TO R30,00 A POP
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Please stop shouting !!
0 Kudos