Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

INVITING FEEDBACK

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
? A potential mover ?
0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Blik
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
That's not feedback unless "feedback" is a euphemism for throw up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well, I believe their products speak up for them in that regard
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Something has been going on with this thing and 5% of the company cots R200k. So...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it must go to 1c, then I will reverse list my wine collection into it ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Will your wine collection last long enough? You're a trader - you are going to need to drink it.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Got to keep searching for the next "big story." It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it. Sifting through the chaff, looking for interesting prospects, watching for activity... "Prowling the empty streets at night, waiting in fast cars."
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I looked at this last night. Scanned throught the financials. Tried to find a website for them. This thing might double in price, but the trading volumes is so low that trying to off load, 5% of the company could pose a huge challenge in itself.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Well, to keep you safe from the dangers lurking outside you can always page through RAC's annuals...it may even turn out to be a highly profitable exercise...
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
They are establishing a chain of bottle stores; some bulk food distribution emphasis too. Seem to be doing some business and generating profit already. More interesting than a platinum mine anyway. Might be worth a punt if one can afford to lose the money.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Took a 1000 000 RAC's at around 35 cents. That was when they told the market what they would be earning. Why wait for the run up on the results before buying.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Because there is much more to come?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
@ Thresh - sorry for chunder feedback - I only had a second to reply. I am not a fan of AWT. It hasn't done much over the past 10 years except spike once based on, as far as I can recall, a liquor license or something like that. So if you are looking t
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
There was still no need to wait. It was cheap at 30ish cents when they showed potential for 14c HEPS. Still - not my favourite "kind" of company. So I'll stick with the position I have. I won't add.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
A different model now. Thy have sold off their manufacturing interests for the most part. I like the idea of low-cost Liquor (and food) retail outlets in the mining and RDP type areas. I took a slew of them at 4 to 5 cents as a spec. I am sure I've overdone it but it's done so now I'll just wait and see. A bit of an all-or-nothing type "trade."
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Who said I waited for the results to be published first? And btw, RAC didn't trade at 35cps when the SENS came out...but I know it makes you look smarter..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Get your facts right. What is you problem? It traded down to 32 cents after the mid year sens in which they disclosed earnings of 6,9c per share. I said potential for 14 cents HEPS remember - not the 35c forward heps as per the final report. Who indeed said that you waited?? - I never said "YOU" waited??? This does not make me look smarter. This is an easy game. This kind of aggressive, ill-considered response does cast you in a certain light though. My average cost - raised by 2 small trades and still short 100 000 which I want to buy in the 60's shows 900 000 at 42c The cut and paste format is a bit wobbly but here it is: RAC RACEC 900 000 0.42 373 852 0.74 0.70 630 000 -0.04 -5.4% -36 000 0.28 +68.5% 256 148 0 2.84% N/A
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
So who waited then? Aggressive, ill-considered? Lol...you must read your own pompous statements more carefully and in any event, who cares where you bought them and in what quantity? Unless...
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
They waited - the people who are buying higher up. YOU seem awfully interested, for one. This is a chat forum. So chat - or go away. Someone has to offer a topic - so that "you" can have something to which to respond. This thread was about AWE - you brought up RAC! - Don't like being shown up, I see.
0 Kudos