Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

IT Hardware

Not applicable
Looking at Intel's results as a guide and PNC(Pinnacle) and MST(Mustek) low PE of just over 5 and past dividend performance is there any other reason why these two will not outperform the market during the next 3 to 5 months ?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Ja, good tip! I think Mustek is a better bet, trading at a healthy discount to NAV, regular dividends, low PE, even technically it is looking like a buy. Only niggle is its relatively high debt, which might take it off Werner's radar, but otherwise, I don't see why not?
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
Have been accumulating MUSTEK. Think it to be good recovery stock.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I like the tech sector as a whole!!!,.. Will go far in any modern world recession,.. But i don't think i would use Intel results as an indicator regards,.. Esp not in the short term,.. IMO
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
MST might be a recovery stock on a low PE but PNC is a growth stock on a low PE. Proline has been taking market share from Mecer consistently - compare the bottomline growth in both businesses over 5 years to see who is the clear winner. And if you are still ambivalent, check the balance sheets. Both though will benefit fom the reduction in broadband costs in increased internet penetration in SA. PNC is a steal on a rolling forward PE of <5. Omo.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Werner or anyone else, could you comment on the debt comparison between these two companies? Not a beancounter myself.
0 Kudos
Edge
Frequent Contributor
Hi guys i buy IT equipment and Rectron which is owned by the same guys as(Mustek?) does not look good(empty collection.Pinnicale (PNC) on the other hand has far more poeple collecting goods. I think they will do better! Just my opinion.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
PNC on new 12 month high. It is STILL a steal at this price. It is a good growth stock. I have almost all (90%) of my money invested in pinnacle (not a good way to diversify, I know) but I'm still young and I could do with the risk.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Nimo, same as you, only about 99% invested in PNC and over 50 but its been a good ride since mid April this year. Netted 44% and PE stil undervalued. Look at tickertalk.co.za : Top 100-Royals article by Stuart Thompson, do you think one should diversify into the other nine or stay put and enjoy the risky ride?
0 Kudos