Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Idicators for intraday?

jln
Contributor
What is the best indicators for intraday?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
same as any other time frame. If a system/indicator works in one time frame it'll work in another.
0 Kudos
jln
Contributor
Simon, do you know or heard of the Rahul Mohindar oscillator.It is black box and not sure if one should trade on it?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
never heard of it, don't like black boxes.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
jln
Contributor
You cant see the formula is password protected
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ok then, that sounds like a great idea, trade of an indicator you can't understand... hum
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Might sounds trite, but the best indicator is price... simple stuff works on intraday charts too. Support, resistance, higher-highs, lower-lows etc.
0 Kudos
jln
Contributor
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I did a search on the RMO - it looks like it has been built into Metastock 10. Someone has decompiled/replicated it and there are Amibroker formulae out there for it. Do a search on 'Amibroker RMO' and you'll find them. Haven't tried it myself.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
I've found that most (if not all systems) scale down to just about any time frame. The biggest problem is that the shorter the time frame, the shorter the length of the trade, raising the possibility that one will not cover the cost of the trade (since this stays fixed and does not scale down with the rest).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
indicators for intraday trades are pretty useless...all indicators (despite what the experts say)are lagging indicators and if you are working with an intraday timeframe having a lag is just useless. For intraday trades one of the easiest indicators is to look for 3 successive higher closes in order to go long (proving the final close is higher than the length of the first bar) and vice versa to go short.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Agreed. I think we're saying the same thing. Trade the price. The only oscillator/indicator I pay particular attention to is MACD histogram, particularly when the share/index is trading in a secondary trend that's running counter to the primary trend and I'm looking for an opportunity to re-enter in the direction of the primary trend. In these cases I've found divergences on MACD histogram very reliable. Entry on a reversal bar. But horses for courses. Find something that works and stick to it.
0 Kudos