Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

If Only We Knew

Not applicable
Understanding the mystery of what drives market sentiment, - if only we knew ! That would be my Xmas wish. Exxaro has sold it's zinc interests and is focusing on "More profitable areas like iron and coal". That's a good thing, - right? The market couldn't care less.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
ah boerseun, you need to study the efficient market hypothesis, which is bunk, but some points are pertinent. For example, do you honestly think you were the first person to hear about the Zinc asset sale? Or do you think that analysts much closer to Exxaro than you and I ever will be had already planned for that eventuality, and that EXX not selling the zinc asset would have been the unexpected catalyst for further price action?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
still maintain there's a head and shoulders brewing with EXX with neckline at about 157
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If I only knew, I wouldn't have went short on oml :( thank god for stop losses
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
knowing would not help you make money .. just trade the price .. there's the only truth you need..
0 Kudos
royandroy
Contributor
yep - Exxarao has been a pain for the last few months - promises, promises... I'm wondering whether to sell when I break even or loose a % or two or hold for a few more months. With the general energy downturn the short term doesn't look exciting. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
suggestions? Yes, stop thinking and just act. Thinking & Emotions are the killer. If you don't know the answer to your question, then no amount of commentary will help you
0 Kudos
royandroy
Contributor
mmm .. action without rational thinking is questionable. I suppose I could ask does Exxaro look like a 6-12 growth proposition considering the energy slow down?
0 Kudos