Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

If you think Price Streamer is fun...

john_1
Super Contributor
I have finaly organized intra day charts for the topi via IGIndex ( thanks Chartist) what a diffrence. Oh! so much fun.
0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
Not applicable
yes dont know how anyone can trade top40 without real time intraday (futures)charts... I notice some people trade waves and they look at the top40 cash market..not good...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I had a very interesting night last night. After giving Zarp such a hard time yesterday I went and did a little reading on poiint and figure charting. It turns out it( point and Figure) actually has some merit. It was designed for day trading as you know. but what struck me was that the price matrix ( which I never look at I always just phone) IS a point and figure table. the box sizes are right there all one needs is a intra day live feed. The value is in the dicipline. once you decide how far a position must fall to exit,( box size ) the matrix does the rest. What are you thoughts Chartist.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Do you pay for the service at IGIndex
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
You have to open an acount but there does not have to be cash involved. you have to send all the Fica stuff etc, def worth it.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes abosolutely free....great long term charts as well with great functionality...you really dont need anything else...
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Had a look at the site - What type of account does one select ? It looks like you have to give your credit card detail ?
0 Kudos
uncle_bob
Occasional Contributor
can anyone tell me the web address please. Tried igiindex.com, .co.za, igi.com, .co.za to no avail
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
To john : Do they have Futures Charts for Rand versus other Currencies ?...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
uncle_bob
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I see BabyBoy has entered the Building!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Zarp yes they do ....even pork beliies and oranje juice futures (which actually have a link to oil) but promise that you wont abuse the information.....
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
read up on a couple of books guys. still learning the game. check in this bullish market soon. any sugestions on any good books or web-sites for me so that i can brush up on? plz help. thanks
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Trading in the Zone - Mark Douglas. It's not your typical trading book but more of a psycho babble type read... Definitely worth looking at!
0 Kudos