Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Im Hating Vodacom, Whos With Me??

Not applicable
Its damn falling every day, sounds like there no hope for this share..
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
its early days and always remember to never buy when it just gets listed as there is soo much buying pressure but no selling. shorting it wouldve made sense
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Exactly, if you check other newcomers for example reinet, after a few weeks/days after opening it tanked
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
so if you hate vod, sell / closse it. you can alway's get back in later or look for something better
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just keep ur vodacom, it is still early, the share price will recover later.... guyz in the market are just putting pressure on the stock, so that they can get in at lower level and this comparison ppl r making to mtn, is just being fueled, to get ppl like you to sell. my advice keep the share and forget about its share price
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just remember to cut losses early and dont get emotionally attached
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This was my first unsucessful trade.. And a loss of 200k is little on the hectic side. But nevertheless recovery has begun..
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
So that could explain why you posted under ACL. Nothing like a big loss to helps sort out the ego?
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Hey hang in there. Take a look at Standard bank equity research report on Vodacom this week. It may give you some sanity on the issue. A lot of people bought Telkom thinking they were getting free gifts and are now selling because of disappointment. Vodacom will start going up when the institutions start bulking unit trusts etc but they never rush in after a listing. This is a top 40 share and will be well bought over the next year. All IMHO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ACL was part of the recovery!!
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Maybe the same board of directors??
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
ah yes the inevitable school fees, welcome to the club mate.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Shouldn't the price go UP if there are more buyers than sellers? More demand than supply = higher price?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think Buffet was quoted as saying the best day to buy an IPO is any day without a 'Y' in it
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
MTN must be thinking... "welcome to the market, Vodacom"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That's exactly what happened the first two days. There were more buyers and it did well!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos