Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Impala

Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Somebody please tell me what's happening at IMPala, other than the strike just over and the buyout etc.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
john_1
Super Contributor
It is very kindly setting itself up for a very nice little buy
0 Kudos
Heysie
Occasional Contributor
Staking van mynwerkers. Loonverskille vind normaalweg eers in Mei plaas. Die stakings nou reeds word as ernstig en negatief beskou
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
I thought the strike was on its way to being resolved. I thought as John did - setting itself up for a nice buy. Why is the strike viewed as so negative - this is a part of the bargaining process - or am I wrong. amplats had the same and that share didn't react like this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Impala Platinum has put the rumours to rest. The platinum miner today confirmed speculation that its made an offer for all of the listed shares in London-based rival African Platinum.Last year, Implats secured a third of Afplats' South African operations for just over 1 billion rand.Buying up the remainder of the company will cost Implats over 4 billion rand.And while analysts say that's a fairly steep premium to pay for Afplats, most welcome the acquisition.Buying Afplats, will help Implats boosting production at its local operations.However, one broker said that the miner's shareprice could wobble in the short term.Today, Implats ended slightly down at 206 rand - but that was in line with a south bound resources index - Summit TV from Monday
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Soo - is it too early too speculate on it.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
share price ending below - r200 - that's quite a wobble. what is 'short term"
0 Kudos
skoorb
Frequent Contributor
listed shares in London-based rival African Platinum London-based Rival????? Get real guys
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
skoorb - meaning?? Little slow this morning!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ye Skoorb this was quoted from Summit TV, so do me a favour tell them to get real!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Company Profile: African Platinum PLC / Ticker: SFU / Exchanges: LON 2006 Sales: n/a / Major Industry: METAL PRODUCERS & PRODUCTS MANUFACTURERS / Sub Industry: MISCELLANEOUS METAL PRODUCERS / *****ry: UNITED KINGDOM
0 Kudos