Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Impala

Bouwer
Super Contributor
Been keeping an eye on this share for some time now... Massive volume spikes past couple of weeks.. Time to get in now that strike is over?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
What if the strike is the only thing that has been keeping this share up...??
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
How so?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
meaning now we know what the settlement is, we can determine the impact - and the impact is huge. Most of the big guys looking to sell off assets it seems. There is a money web article on AMS' suspected plans
0 Kudos
Xtina
Not applicable
Hi guys, I bought Implats at R119 and am beginning to panic a bit. The technical guys say this share is heading down to 90's fast. Should I hold or dump? I'm still a newbie so some advice would be really appreciated.
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Well I do think that platinum supply will become an issue in the near future, 40% less production for 6 months?? Labour force reductions will provide better margins. If they do sell, they will concentrate on high yielding assets, even more profitable. And nice cap in flow from selling assets.. Labour "settled" for 3 years at least and a probable government intervention mitigating risks of any such prolonged strike in the future..
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
You will hear this allot on this forum, but what was your exit strategy to start with.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The last 3 year settlement lasted 6 months(??) These are negotiations that are only binding upon the one party. As for the metal itself - Even JM cannot understand where all of the stock is coming from... despite the protracted strike - the price of platinum really went nowhere. Now that they are "back at work" ...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
its a share that you keep in your "Mad Money Portfolio" for about 3-5 yrs
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Xtina, My rule of thumb is , if you are starting to panic, then it is best to sell half of your investment.
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Well wouldn't that have been the NUM deal? Different unions different deals. There is more striking to come though. Num couldn't get the deal that AMCU did so the mining industry will change to AMCU, I would 15% vs 9.5%. So all the companies with majority Num are probably going to convert to Amcu? Bad news for Northam Plats, RBF and any other employed mine. Regarding the platinum supply, probably some Illuminati scheme going on there. no idea but sooner or later it will dry up I think. Atleast 2 months before full scale production can commence..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now that is close to the dumbest advice given on the forum - you of all people should know not to let emotions affect your trades or investments.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now that is close to the dumbest advice given on the forum - you of all people should know not to let emotions affect your trades or investments.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
What is dumb? 1) Is entering a trade without a specified exit price. 2) Commenting on the "dumbness" on a solution whilst you have failed to offer a viable resolution. So, what is your solution?
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Rams not really sure if you do have a mad money portfolio or are you kidding? Some of the picks seem a bit far out there.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Ramsie,Bouwer is on to you?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
More a case of "different day, different union;" AND when "we" strike, well... "we" make sure that nobody - from any union - can go to work. A hopeless situation, really.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
dont panic sell?
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Well I think this as been less than helpful. But was this a trade or investment? If it was a trade than you should have run for the hills a while back... If this is an investment you should ignore the techies depending on your reasoning for getting into the investment to start with. If the share does not fall into your risk appetite, sell and look for the next opportunity.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
i am a holder.decided to buy when every analyst said sell>so far I am in the money.been holding all way thro strike and a bit before.not sure y price went up-different theories offerred but it felt illogical to get a capital return when there was such a prolonged strike.for the moment I will hang on and see what happens.its not a big percentage of my portfolio but brings a bit of excitement and I beleive there is upside potential.
0 Kudos