Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Implats Breakout?

Not applicable
Does anyone have views on Implats / Platinum? Looking at OST one day candle chart I feel that we could be looking at an upward break possibly back to 200 levels. Does anyone have a view to help a novice?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
volumes are low /usa auto news today expect 40% drop in sales/ could be a bear rally /until volumes pick up the volitility is to high to make these predictions /this a 50 50 gamble
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks. Didnt even realise there was an announcement today. Getting out of the trade now before data released. Should be released at around 15:00 right? Guess the right thing to do is get in after the announcement.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
The posts on the forum are only opinions I have been watching this big time because I have been short since 130 and due to manipulations in London I could not close out at 121 so what's been happening is someone has been pushing price up daily until close then opening is edged up so only when we get some bigger volumes will we get an idea of direction they did the same with MTN , AGL,ANGLOPLATS,(anglo plats for example closes in SA at 535 and then in UK at 510 so what this carefully)only responded because you could get sucked in if it is a bear rally long term good time to buy platinium shares in this range you will make money I got emotional over the bail out was in US when it failed but it seems they will save all 3 autos there
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for the info. What time can we expect the US sales figures? I exited at 148.64 on the underlying and I see trading now at around 146.50. Would be interesting to see where it ends today. Just out of curiosity, lets say that Platinum demand continues to decline. What are the chances of Gold becoming more valuable than Platinum/ounce? Has this ever happened? - As I understand that Platinum is more rare and has many more industrial uses.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Jonnno so lets watch amplats and Impasla at impala at 128 - i am concerned about the deal they have because they will be issuing shares for the interest in the other companies but hey we getting these boys cheap cheers
0 Kudos
Not applicable
do you guys think it will go up before march. 15000
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i don't think about it,just follow the supply and demand,which is shown by the price of plats which is now coming down....i write down the price at the end of each day ,that is shown under market statistics....at the moment i'm short....when the price shows an upward tendency for a couple of days again then will consider taking calls.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Good plan B, keep us all posted. I think platinum is getting to a bottom though, problem is it could stay there for ages before it starts going up again.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
good to hear about your doings in the ME....ja things are tough around the world at the moment....i feel we have never had such a fall in our lifetimes and the world is foolish to blame the housing crisis in America for its woes.The real culprits are the BANKS which all practised "creative accounting" to always boost their executive pay etc....the products they came up with were like chain letters or pyramid schemes that where the last holder would fold first.All eventually did fall,just like a house of cards!....i'm thinking that the first to recover locally would be COAL shares....other good runners would be shops,PUTS,PLS and industries such as SAB,SAP....have no hope for construction at the moment....err got carried away!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I agree, the banks are the real Ponzi scheme. Just a thought though - where do you think all that over inflated executive pay went? Straight back into the markets and into property I bet. So, for all that, those jokers are probably as broke as their clients now. Well, I hope so anyway.
0 Kudos