Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Index Futures

logotino
Contributor
Hi there, I am potentially looking at trading ALMI index futures. I just have a couple of questions: 1. Is there any interest payment per day as is the case with CFDs? 2. The price of the ALMI is +- 44000. What exactly does this price mean?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Rams
Super Contributor
No interest. Price of ALMI is R4612.50(DEC 14 contract). You pay R4612.50 for one contract(R4612.50 per contract. For each point move on ALMI futures, you earn R1. ALSI futures is 10x that...R46119.00 per contract for R10 per point move on ALSI futures...:"referenced" to TOPI. About R30.00 in and out per contract....
0 Kudos
logotino
Contributor
0 Kudos
logotino
Contributor
I take it with low costs like that, intra day trading is pretty big?
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Be careful though, the low liquidity makes it a bit messy.. Lower risk than ALSI.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the 44000 is index points, you're not trading rands and cents you trade points ..ALMI 1 pt = R1 .. ALSI 1 pt =R10
0 Kudos
suki
Super Contributor
Greetings. i believe the powers that be, need to introduce ALVI or something along those line that will be worth half of ALSI. so that the trading price or point per price is R5. i have a feeling it will be as liquid as the ALSI. Most people probably are limited by the value in ALSI contract to trade.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
better, reduce the price per contract ALSI for intraday...maybe a ALSI-I(I-Intraday)
0 Kudos