Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Index futures

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Hi Simon. Heard about the new Index Futures, last night - totally awesome. Just wondering about the information resources that would go along with those, such as 15 min charts, etc. When will the website get those? Thanks
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Is there a timeframe for the implementation of the Index futures accounts, new charts,etc. Got a rough one from Kurt last night but need clarity so I can start looking more closely at some sort of intraday system.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Ah great - Hot on the topic ... WHEN will it happen?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the "rough one" as good as you gonna get right now ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Hi Saash. Have you seen the new futures? R10 a contract; 10x gearing and . . . . wait for it . . . no market maker commission. I'm drooling already - another place to wipeout even faster than usual.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol - lovely. Can't wait :{
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK so where is the hidden treasure? Spreads to cross, built-in margins, there has to be something. Selling risk has a "fee" attached to it and last I saw OST and SBK were no philanthropists
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
just R10 .. an the R10 includes SAFEX fees and vat ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Aah the worlds best capatalist weapon, not often engaged in the last few decades though......low margins, massive volumes, impressive profits ;-)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
actually took off in the last decade thanks to the internet .. amazon, etc ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
. . thats in the rest of the world. In Africa you get taken for all you got with no consideration for repeat business. The rest of the continent learnt it from Gauteng.
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Hi Simon, when are these due to be launched?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
2010 .. probably sooner rather then later in 2010 ..
0 Kudos