Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Insider trading??

kr_pto
Super Contributor
Interesting jump in volumes on monday and tuesday...insider trading or just REM buying up shares in the market? i wonder...
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! yeah, who know's. The spike in volume made the decision for me tho, volume is the only indicator that's worth a damn, as far as I'm concerned. This dumb trader is only too happy to follow the smart money.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Doubt it... that would mean everyone in REM would have to be in on it for those volumes to be as a result of insider trading. Or not? Share was cheap so people took up the opportunity... the volumes issue is the same with SOL. Big spike on Tuesday...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Its called a short squeeze those short have to cover positions and at almost any price. This is happening today on many of the down side bets Sasol included.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Been a bit scarce around here old boy? Making twins again, or what?
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
could be just buyers coming back in, as indicators were good (ROM, RSI, et al). But still, i wonder. I think there is much more insider trading in our market than is admitted. That said, well done for picking up on the volumes, as that was a definite sign that others felt it a good buy.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I have been fishing! I have decided to think more than I talk.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
are your referring to the jump in volume early in week, or todays jump? i assume the former (since todays jump makes sense purely from offer price by REM)... if so, why would they be unwinding their shorts to that extend on monday/tues? just curious as to whether there are clear signs to look for in short squeeze.
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
Remgro intending to buy 38% for cash at R16.00 or 9 remgro shares for every 100 rainbow
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
That is smart and cheaky from the REMGRO boys, 36% dicount on a share that has been slamned by the market represents no dicount at all to the main body of Rainbow shareholders, and by offering Rem shares how can they argue. Those Rupurts are not so dof hey!
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
Yep , generally Rupert ( the bear ) is good at getting something for the future bulls !!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi Brazen,All,I,ve also bought some as a speculation in/out operation as i tend to agree with John ,as there might be no future for this share this year.Earlier this month directors started buying,probably to stop the rot of declining prices,they have succeeded and created interest.INET of course still has it as a BUY plus.In their half yearly report RBW then complained about the maize price being too high.Since then it has climbed rapidly.This leaves them in a poor position regarding the future,how ever for the year ending in March it should hardly affect them .On the other hand ASTRAL which comes up to their Interim bought some of their supplies forward so sheilding them to a degree.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks b, actually the only reason I was watching this one was cos my mom kept asking for another Astral! She sold her 20K this morning and made aboutR7500 profit since Monday. Only downside is that she now wants to open a trading account. After ARL and RBW she thinks the markets are free money!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Kr!pto - I don't think there's any doubt that there's insider trading. Just look at the volumes on Monday and Tuesday. And I'm about as far away from a conspiracy theorist as you can get.
0 Kudos