Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Insintric Value and fundamentals of MTA good, but price dropping, any info?

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
My most immediate concern (and the reason I am becoming so bullish on gold) is the "no yield bubble" brewng in the bond market. Things like this never end well. Effective backwardation in the bond yields of "premium" nations - how can this be healthy. America currently serves as the buyer (first instance?) for 62% (62%!) of her own bonds. The fed is the tresury's main customer. Operation twist will serve to worsen all of his. If the bond market pops, I must believe that the dollar will follow due to the above dynamic. Then there is only gold. So - in short - I have decided to hold some rather than look back in due course and think to myself "But you knew it. All the signs were there. You could have just take a little? Idiot!"
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
And nobody said you weren't allowed to have a viewpoint. Have the viewpoint, just don't mis-represent my reasoning for mine. And everybody else's who doesn't agree with you, which is what you did.

You'll note that I'm talking about your actions, not that "your viewpoint is wrong because of something about *you* or *your belief*", which is what an ad-hominem attack would be.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Yeah, that's very reasonable. Treasures are a pretty crowded trade. Certainly gold is a better idea than it was a few months ago. And I do agree with why gold died in the crisis - hedge funds dumping to cover other positions. I'm a touch leery about it because of that, in case that same situation recurs.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
can someone please explain to me what this entire debate has to do with a car component manufacturer?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
METAIR presents her results in Rands. Rands are a currency. So there you go. Good strong connection; and good enough for me.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
If you read each response, you'll pick up the thread. Conversations either end up with trading vs investing, gold vs everything else, or Mark.
0 Kudos
AHS
New Contributor
Thanks for all the reply's, made for interesting reading. MTA is up 4% today. People are still going drive cars, regardless of economic conditions and they going to need parts. Company has been around for a long time and should still be there in the future making money, business as usual. ...but that's just my opinion.
0 Kudos