Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Installment on PPC

Jemaiks
Frequent Contributor
Hi anyone, I have share installments on PPC and it has rolled over. However I notice that the cost and bid is everytime the same for the past three days that I have noticed. Even the cost also change. I really dont understand. Does anyone have any explanation for me as to why this is happening.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
because you never "paid" for them we use the current bid. Contact the call centre with the cost value you'd like us to use and we will update.
0 Kudos
Jemaiks
Frequent Contributor
Do I need to decide what the cost value is that I want it to be. I dont understand what you are saying. It was rolled over so should they not have used the cost of the last day when they made the conversation. ??????????
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the price of the first trade on day 1
0 Kudos
Jemaiks
Frequent Contributor
Why does the price of the share installment go down whereas the price of the share is going up? It have a inverse effect.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it doesn't, most likely you are looking at ruling price which is useless unless the two trade in perfect sync (time wise).
0 Kudos
Jemaiks
Frequent Contributor
Simon, I have shares and share installments on PPC. Now in my shares account there is a big green arrow and when I go to my share installment account then there's a big red arrow. It clearly moves in opposite directions. I may not be so well informed but I am defnitely not colourblind. I dont understand.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
huh? nobody said colour blind. Those arrows are based on the days move and importantly they use the last trade (ruling price) to determine the move. So the instalment traded at 11.50am and the share at 12.58pm, hence they are not in sync time wise. Further the close from last night 9the reference point for the move) my also be a problem as instalments stop trading at 4.50pm and shares at 5pm and the closing for the instalment is the middle of the spread that can be a "dirty" price.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Jemaiks. There is a benefit in all of this. For your new installment, make up an inflated price. Tell the call centre to load it for you. When you sell it, tax at year end, the profit on the sale will be lower than it actually was since you loaded an incorrect higher cost today.There is no cash loss to you. It is a mere paper tax loss. Try it. Nothing to lose.
0 Kudos
Jemaiks
Frequent Contributor
Thanks a million.
0 Kudos