Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Installment rollover Simon

Not applicable
last time bugging you... I got my fsrs thank you any idea whats happened to sab?
0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
john_1
Super Contributor
Some dude is drinking your profits mate...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes thanks,i'm very chuffed to get 147 extra per thousand,SBK has been very fair and with not charges,i cannot now see how anybody can still buy shares when installments are available.Mind u its having a negative effect on good shares for example like ASTRAL as it just does not pay me to invest the amount i would have liked to.Please extend your range ASAP.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree barry, Im still trying to find the catch with installments? Its like a free loan from the bank. or am I missing something?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Not free ...prime plus 2 or somthing like that!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Love them too. Full divi, some gearing but far less risk than SSFs. I was in installments with all that tanking a few months ago, and while I had ugly losses they've all come back, and they're in profit now. You'd battle to do that with SSFs unless you have the cash to meet margins. And then you need nerves of steel.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Nope,y're put it in a nutshell,perhaps they are giving some back on warrants that expire out of the money,fortunately never happened to me,but in my early warrant days lost badly with time decay!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
how does this get charged?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
TZ tke the offer price + the settlement price - current cash market price= cost of borrowing, The interest is included in the price and each day if the market was flat your instalment would lose value.. it is just like a SSF as the decay is linnier.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
John,Tribalzone,....Simon assures there are no charges for roll over,of course there are initial charges when buying.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
True barry no comms just more interest.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Tz you will see the lowest borrowing cost is Investec hotedds but there is that little thing called a barrier, STA have the highest as there is no barrier and normal instalments have prime plus 2..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an whent he barrier gets hit - you loose all pro rata interest...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
That barrier is a problem as we saw a few months ago. You may as well go all out and do SSFs. You still liking the EDs?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and the SABs that have gone awol... any news?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Exactly, so you have to look at the market and the share, ie a netcare vs amplats.. in truth you should never be holding it close to the barrier as it would mean that you did not keep stoplosses in place..One last thing TZ the gearing is a relationship of how much you borrow realtive to the share price... a x3 gearing means you borrow 2/3 of the shares value if it is trading at x4 it means the share has fallen since issue.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Barrier is not the problem if money managment and stoploss are in place.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
TZ, strate fell asleep and teh SAB and IPL STB's will only arrive tonight.
0 Kudos