Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Instant Coffee

Rams
Super Contributor
Yesterday ALSI futures was sideways for most of day - was very annoying because my system was not picking up any high probability trade so at 16H10 went for a cup of coffee and when I came back just after 16H15, missed the perfect opportunity at 16H15. So if you trading, get software that can make you coffee also!
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
Trading budddies can sort that out easy ...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Also, a good personal asisstant and remember your wife is not your PA-she can only get you a beer!You still looking for traders?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I find the early morning brakeout the best trade to do on the alsi.Then a quickie when us markets brake out.Inbetween go and gym,or any thing else to keep u from losing your profits.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
What brakeout are you using, opening range breakout?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
With you on the early morning action - far more profitable. Mid day is a recipe for consisten losses. These days wall street opening has merit, because the action starts at 2:30 (futures) which still gives me enough time to beat the traffic on my way for a surf.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yip, Alsi early morning systems have not been onon this forum. it would be nice for traders to share thier ALSI morning trading strategy. There always is a nice big move in the first 1hr. it would be nice to discuss possible ways of trading the open auction.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I take first 30 (1 min) candles to get a range.Ignore the first 1 min candle as that is normally the gap or part of it.I then wait for a 5 min candle to close outside the range and then trade it.(must be a strong move) Trade 3 contracts with trailing stop of 50 or 100.(depending on the situation). Take profit on 2 contracts at 1R (R=RISK) Move stop loss on remaining contract to breakeven.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Good system : "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - got that from Capitec trading report!
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Who said this is easy - "Just Trade The *6%&ing Price"? What about the hack hack, engine stall, freezing of the blood, and then the Bermuda Triangle???
0 Kudos