Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Intel and Windows 7

Mar-11
Super Contributor
Intel having an increase in earnings and revenue, + the Launch of Windows 7, will this effect our local Computer hardware sellers positivly? or is SA going to lag with Computer sales?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
We have a small IT Company, and never upgraded to Vista. We will install Windows 7 and probably need to upgrade many machines. Most of our (financial) clients appear to be in a similar position. This is likely to start once the noticeable financial stress in the system has passed. So one would think that such suppliers will benefit, but doesn't mean the market thinks the same way...
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
When is your company and your clients expected to upgrade their system, ie. end of this year or begining of next year?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Any one use windows7 ? is it similar to this vista rubbish?
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
Heard its descent. What Vista was suppose to be.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
We are jumping from XP to Windows 7. W7 is decent. No experience with Vista.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
I'm guessing that most companies have tried to preserve cash over the last 18 months. As we have clearer indications that capital expenditure can safely resume then Software/Hardware spend will start picking up. The timing of this will vary from Company to Company - we have clients who are currently in big projects and are spending now. We are likely to wait for the new year to confirm that growth is generally resuming before spending.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
I used Vista and loved it. Biggest problem with Vista for Companies was backwards compatability of Applications. MANY older applications cannot run on Vista. This has been solved in Windows 7 by offering an XP mode which allows all older apps to run legacy Windows XP applications.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Vista requires quite a larney PC to run all those bells and whistles without me having to loose my temper. So switching from XP to 7 means u gonna most probably require hadrware upgrades aswell.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Bingo! So say the hardware suppliers!
0 Kudos