Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Interest Rate Hike

Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
UP,UP and away we go!(today)
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
UP,UP and away we go!(today)
0 Kudos
magicactus
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
magicactus
Frequent Contributor
It happened 50 basis points up
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
SHE PULLED THE TRIGGER....RAMS GOT BURN"T AND SO ARE THE SPECULATORS... GOOD ON YOU GILL MARCUS.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Don't know what you looking at, rate now. 11.2902 against USD.....and my profit up m 30% intraday....
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
wealth / asset destruction happening before your eyes...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
11.3179...rand getting smashed
0 Kudos
log
Occasional Contributor
is this good or bad for the share index? (sorry new to trading)
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
I was lucky; saw this one coming. Information was out there...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Well, the rand just collapsed into a puddle, what were you trading ?
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Preston... please please please do not troll. One does not expect this from a CA...If fact its a disgrace to other CA's.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Typo...should read "In fact its a disgrace to other CA's"...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Stores, stop being an IDIOT. How can one troll ,ones own thread? Please see who was the author of this thread?
0 Kudos
shares
Contributor
Nice profit so good for you. However A few too many good pieces of good news and the Rand could turn and move in the other direction. Of course the question is always *when* the sentiment piles high enough to tip the scales in the other direction. Interesting political developments, interest rate hike. What happens if the mines and unions reach an agreement and the strike ends? Of course I even view the resistance to e-tolling as a positive sign (resisting corruption) so maybe I'm too much of an optimist but mean reversion is a powerful force and there is something to the argument that the Rand is oversold. Interesting times.
0 Kudos
shares
Contributor
Nice profit so good for you. However A few too many good pieces of good news and the Rand could turn and move in the other direction. Of course the question is always *when* the sentiment piles high enough to tip the scales in the other direction. Interesting political developments, interest rate hike. What happens if the mines and unions reach an agreement and the strike ends? Of course I even view the resistance to e-tolling as a positive sign (resisting corruption) so maybe I'm too much of an optimist but mean reversion is a powerful force and there is something to the argument that the Rand is oversold. Interesting times.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an so it starts, hope you folks all being rapidly paying off debt while enjoying the low interest rate environment .. possible we don;t see this low level again for years/decades/ever ??
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@ Simon, sell off was way overdone in the financial sector. Short term it will increase interest revenue.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
agreed and half a percent is not going to increase defaults on home loans .. but where does the cycle top out, if we see another 2% on top of this then a R1million home loan will be about R1500/month more expensive, that'll hurt
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Yup. This will be the first time in my life where an increase in interest rates actually benefits me.
0 Kudos