Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Interest Rates today?

saash
Super Contributor
Hmmm - tick tock?? What happened???
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Goodness me ... Money in the bank is making less and less sense every quarter!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lol,I wonder whose calling the shots,Tito or Zuma..hmmm,
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an now I spose this proves the mpc is in the pocket of zuma ?? lol ..
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
dow up last night, dow futures up depsite bad retail figures, FTSE up, unexpected interest rate cut....JSE damp squib....Priceless!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err, we up almost 2% today ??
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It just proves that ZUMA/ANC/UNIONS is the baas in this show...did Tito leave willingly or was he pushed??hmmm I suspect the latter..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
how does it prove anything ?? don't confuse cause an effect .. an anyways why marcus .. why not a lacky, which marcus certainly is not ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They sharp they realise that they give the position to a "strongminded" female..scores points with the female voters and at the end of the day,they still call the shots..she just a "good move" in political terms..The Zuma regime wont appoint any1 they cant control..Look at Pikole,he refused to be a puppet..where did that leave him?? he turned down 10 bars...hmmm
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
OK boet .. this going nowhere .. moving on ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
50 basis point decrease, maybe investec will increase bank charges by another R100.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
1.3% at the mo the dow went up yesterday 125 odd pts and we pulled back when the intersest rate drop was announced and the dow was fairly positive i think 50 pts there was actually no response from the jse and i dont believe it was priced in or was it?...all i am trying to say is that there does not appear to be that much interest and low volumes confirming that.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an this proves very little correlation ..
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
The point is that this is a good move - the MPC has been behind the curve for quite a while and is merely playing catch-up. The domestic economy desperately needs further stimulus and the MPC most probably had insight into 2Q GDP figures. The fiscus is under pressure and requires higher growth while the R/$ exchange rate is too strong owing to the carry trade. A sensible move under the circumstances, besides CPI is coming into range soon and credit expansion has declined into single-digits!
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
proves very little correlation today and maybe yesterday but not generally
0 Kudos