Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Interest rate?

barry_1
Super Contributor
Looks like the interest rate might go up half a percent.Seems as if this has been discounted by the real estate sector.Time the 3% to 6% range was abandoned as it is not suitable for a part development country such as SA.The inflation here is caused not by ordinary citizens overspending but mostly by circumstances entirely beyond our control.Causes bad management of Escom,fuel prices etc...........Property Loan stock is also staging a recovery and has been running as well since last week.Many more people trading property. Good gains last Friday as all other shares slumped shows property moving and more traders interested in property.ONLY MY OPINION,BUT IT SEEMS AS IF THE 25% CAPITAL LOSSES OF THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS ARE BEING REVERSED.All property loan stock such as Growthpoint , Acucap and Madison doing well.I of course prefer loan stock that pays interest quarterly.Make your own shortlist watchlist with the tracker feature and then u can see the gains.I hold Ambit,APA/B ,AXC ,RDF and the Unit trust EMI.ABOLUTELY NECESSARY TO READ THE PREVIOUS POST IF U ARE INTERESTED IN PROPERTY.CLICK ON EMI.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
barry_1
Super Contributor
Should i continue posting when i get specific news on property?Any one interested,please lets have your post name,then i will feel we have a propert club within the post.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Oh yes perhaps (in my opinion only ) Sycom unit trust, might be a speculative buy as i hear a rumour that three different groups want to take it out!A bun fight is likely!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Barry, on the site i built - virtual trading game one, i have a section where people can post articles, if you like you can post there, it will be displayed on the homepage if it is the latest, otherwise will be archived in the articles map - www.orbiterinvestments.com - it will not go away, so people can reference it whenever they want - i also plan to build a keyword search in the section so one can search the content for finding articles of interest quickly.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Werner,i'll consider it if i think there is really something worth while.The first information i placed under EMI is really necessary if one is new to real estate.I was also wondering how many forumites read the information that i provided and found it of use.That is why i asked for them to post their forumite names.Property is never as exciting as warrants etc,but should form a basis for anyone wanting to make a living out of the JSE.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Thanks Barry; this plus the other info you regulary post , I find of great value. Keep it up.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Barry, I never comment on your posts but read them for information purposes. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi barry, I must say that I appreciate and enjoy reading your progressing thoughts. Although I am not one to comment much I'd gladly leave you a comment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Barry i started investing in the property market, apb and c.I always read your posts as i feel that the property market is in my opinion "lower" risk with the interest or div benefits.What do u think of the caution that Redefine issued ?What implications will it have on the share price of apb etc?Thanks
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
This is one of the "rumours' that i earlier referred to,was afraid at the time of running foul of the JSE etc if i were too specific.WOW!...What a company this would turn out to be,it would leapfrog into first place in market capital,qualify for European indexes ,then their investment companies would by law be forced to buy,value would double 9only my opinion) in ashort while etc...Thanks every one for the compliments.
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Hi Barry, always read your interesting posts, please keep it up. I actually went as far as printing a few last year before they dropped off the system, 'cos i wanted to get a handle on the property thing and having gleaned at some of your comments, I wanted to read them all. Thank you.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Keep them (and property too) all going, Barry!
0 Kudos