Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Interesting debate

Preston
Super Contributor
Q1. Why do Standard Bank spends million in Logo change, but yet their call centre is teeming with individual that are in serious need for training. Q2. Why do Tito Mboweni talking about inflation targeting range ,but yet he consistently get a salary increase in excess of inflation range. Q3. Why is the price of milk/bread more costly than a litre of petrol. Q4. Where is all the money that is paid to the Competition board. Q5. Why does the govt takes the million of rand sitting in the Petrol Fund and help finance Eskom. Q6. Why do the consumer always getting screwed?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
richardw
Super Contributor
Why is there no (useful) taxi-passenger association. I'm sure they'd have a few demands of their own, like steering wheels and bi-annual services.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
an whats up with the lady on the chair on the OST login page, and who is she laughing at?.. me? is it a psycological sales gimmick?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Q1 Great affirmative action initiative! Q2 Get a name change >>>Tito.let's see if it works on you !! Q3 I hardly drink milk and eat bread but I drive a fast car.that's why!! Q4 It eventually ends up in the stock market . they are buying Big Time!! Q5 It's a good cover up for the corruption that takes place with those money. Q6 Become a government official so u the one that screws everyone else. ;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nice one Wiz. lol!!!
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
Q1 Never had a problem with stb centre, but know the frustration. Q2 My income tops inflation to. Q3 Maybe a drill eats less than a cow? Q4 Good question! Q5 Good idea Q This one's easy. You can't satisfy the consumer's needs without screwing the consumer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eish, this country is screwed to the core.. No hope here..
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
What did it cost to change all the street and city names? and did it change them in anyway?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
lol wouldnt mind having carmen electra or halle berry on there instead! lol sets the mood before logging in
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Q7 why do you pay pipeline duty on SASOL in Joburg, and we dont pay it when buying SASOL in Cape town?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Because I need to be paid an year end bonus every year!!
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Answer to Q4: Goes to the national treasury, from there the politicians steal their share and a little goes towards repairing pot holes in the roads...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Q5 To provide the ministry with these essentials such as the case with Blade Nzimande.: The 7 Series is the first BMW to feature Lane Change Warning combined with Lane Departure Warning. The latter is a system that first appeared on BMW 5 and 6 Series models and uses a camera to monitor road markings for Blade. Should Blade start to stray out of lane, a gentle vibration of the steering wheel provides an alert for him. However, courtesy of two radars located at either side of the rear bumper, Lane Change Warning adds another level of safety for Blade. The sensors constantly scan the blind spot either side of the vehicle, up to a distance of 60 metres, and alerts Blade to the presence of another vehicle with a triangular symbol in the door mirror housing. The 7 Series is the first BMW to enable a customer to upload their favourite music to be stored on the vehicle courtesy of an 8Gb hard drive. In excess of 100 albums can be saved for in this way for Blade's enjoyment. Four-zone automatic air-conditioning is fitted as standard while, for the first time, the 7 Series can have a rear seat ventilation system combined with massage function. The air-conditioning system feeds cool air to the seat squab and backrest, while 12 massage bubbles gently knead Blades upper body.
0 Kudos
zudy
Contributor
I wonder how long it will be before all cars are fitted with self parking facilities
0 Kudos
olilau
Frequent Contributor
i think you pay pipeline duty on all fuel in gauteng (and other zones) not just sasol. cape town gets its fuel from the conveniently close caltex refinery. all fuel comes from the caltex refinery (even sasol). only when BP, sasol etc adds their additive does it become BP, sasol etc
0 Kudos