Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Interesting !

barry_1
Super Contributor
Pharmecuetals run normally on a higher PE ratio....APN is at the moment at 25PE....Still showing value in my opinion ONLY are LHG,AIP and CMP....LHG now is integrated with Paladin....I doubled my holding of LHG last week as they are producers of vaccines as well
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
Aspen has that big Glaxo deal that will skew their PE
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and GSK is bidding for that big Genomics lab in the US!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
barry, in terms of the African expansion, do you think litha could be a healthcare giant sooner rather than later? Possibly on the same playing field as Aspen n the likes?
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
folks. this is one to watch. i reckon this time next year the share price will be R10
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi.OH yes .Its market cap is already over 2 billion Rand and has bulked up nicely.With its biotechnology sector and the Canadian know how i already see it on a par with its larger peers in the sector....A very innovative share with topclass management,it will do well in the rest of Africa.
0 Kudos
Jughead
Contributor
And yet the annalists give it a firm SELL. Wonder why?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
the "consensus" states that it is sell....first please explain to me how one person can be a consensus ! ....Obviouly he thinks it will underperform its peers....one wonders when the analysis was done.i.e before or after the Paladin deal?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Agreed, but then theres the problem of growing too fast too quickly....so far they have delivered the results, but one has to wonder when this fast growth may come back to haunt us...nevertheless, im still buying lots!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You remind me of that Australian comedian, the 12th man, when he tries to imitate (rather well) Geff Boycott. 'The thing about Brian Lara, is that he scores too many runs too quickly'
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Pity we don't have some good biotech companies to invest in - Gilead, Celgene and Amgen would have added a nice balance to any portfolio.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Litha has biotech. Its the only one of the JSE that has biotech in it.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Litha seems a little fully priced at the moment in my opinion. Even SBK research has a price forecast in 2012 on this of R4.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
See SENS 2 Aug.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Headline earnings per share Due to the reduced profitability at Litha Medical based on the delayed government tender, as well as transaction costs relating to the Pharmaplan transaction in the first half of 2012 (without the benefit of Pharmaplan earnings), headline earnings per share will be between 0 to 5% lower than the six months to June 2011...?....??
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
It is expected they will do better coming up to their Final in six months time,when all the changes have fallen firmly into place.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Well, I agree, the problem can be fixed. Financials look good....will be looking for an entry
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
LHG seem to be flattening after coming off it's high of 419...
0 Kudos