Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Intuition...

faure
Frequent Contributor
Tells me today was the bottom. Also because the ALSI is at support, BIL has just filled it's gap and the bad news about rates is being priced in. Place a stop at 21700 and be merry I say.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Brazen
Super Contributor
BIL looks tasty - might be a bit of a wait tho - but time is on our side.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Bil will decline in price as it is the hunter, RIO will go up because it is the hunted (happens in all takeovers). I would expect Bil to cheapen a little further, maybe (because market conditions are pretty weak now, and due to turn UP soon I dont know though) especially if they make another bid. On the other side, if they end up in a bidding war and win against say, XSTRATA, Bil is looking mighty cheap today, who cares about another -2-3%... Usually once a takeover is sewn up, signed and delivered, the share price grows to reflect the premium incorporated from the combined entity... so, it depends on your time frame really... are you a short term punter? But if you have a taste for long term growth.... it could be interesting from these levels... imo Disclaimer.... Please, do your own research, think about all sides of the argument in your own mind... I am not an investment advisor, and know nothing about anything apart from picking great stocks.lol
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I'm with you PD. I've been buying BIL since it was R38 and that was only about 6 years ago. Time to gather again.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Next resistance level R198.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't know what you think, but BIL seems to be holding OKish!!! The tech's say it's getting ready for a buy, any comments??
0 Kudos