Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Invest R70k - which share

FEK
Super Contributor
Hi forum, which share has the most potential from an upside perspective as I would like to invest R70k
0 Kudos
49 REPLIES 49
Preston
Super Contributor
I like FSR. Not sure what the fair value is but fundamentally this shares look strong.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks, also pays a dividend which helps as well.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Thanks Simon, looks a bit illiquid, does this pay a divi ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it an ETF so Nedbank makes a market, so no sweat with liquidity .. pays divs, but modest as TER comes out of the div, last TER was 0.26% if I recall
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
How long.and how important is that 70k to you. I am constructing a "Mad Money" portfolio. 3 shares thus far: Impala(IMP), Ad*****(AIP) and African Bank(ABL). Need 2 more...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Silly to put all your eggs in one basket. I agree with Simon. Rather buy an EFT, especially with all this froth in the market.
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Only one share per sector chosen ....IMP more mad than KIO
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
It depends on your investment timeframe you have in mind. Even if it is very long term I would not rush in and buy right away It is not possible to time the market to perfection so I would buy about 4 stocks over a period of time. If unsure buy an index such as Satrix40 or SatrixRafi. Sectors I am NOT into right now is mining and listed property. As mentioned you have to determine your risk.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
thanks guys no timeframe in mind just want good growth over time, Rams what about telkom and do you prefer impala over aquarius ?
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
thanks guys no timeframe in mind just want good growth over time, Rams what about telkom and do you prefer impala over aquarius ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Best Investments over time:
1) Alsi shorts @ 45000
2) USDZAR weakening to R15
3) Rise in Bond Yields and
4) VIX @ 11

Pretty much all of those are guaranteed money over time.
Of course if you want to be boring,
just put your money into the investment companies, the stellenbosch mafia: Brait, Rem, PSG, etc
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
TKG was mad money at about R10............Prefer impala over long, long term
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
But just remember , only if you not too attached to the 70k....
0 Kudos
DrBr
Occasional Contributor
SAB, Sasol, SHF, DSY, etc. If you are willing to take some risk for extra gearing, split in 2 pools of 25k each and get SAB and Sasol cfd's, otherwise stick to ordinary shares for 35k each. People will always drink and throw petrol or need coal for energy, and in the longer term, these have and probably always will have upward trend. You at least have a bit of hedging against the rand in those as well. They are also very easy to sell quickly if you need to. Otherwise go for the Satrix, indexes or etf's as suggested.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
1.Please explain what the thinking is for a short to 45k on the alsi/topi when the rand is going to R15, i thought topi hedges for rand? 2.The vix, how and where do i find it? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the 2 are different timeframes (12 months and the other 5 years).
Remember though our market isnt simply guided by R/$, if that was the case no fund manager ever has to look at another balance sheet again, they simply look at the R/$
Besides the R/$ correlation is actually quite weak.

Regarding the VIX you need to have an account with an international broker like TD Ameritrade.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
0 Kudos