Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Investec plc/ investc ltd

john_1
Super Contributor
This great company is currently getting smashed. So when is it time to buy? It ocured to me that the norm is for plc to trade at a premium to LTD ( PLC based in london) but currently this relationship is inverted..meaning the selling is coming out of london. The moment that the plc is trading at a higher price to LTD I will start to buy, as this will mean that the selling presure is turning to buying presure.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
the time to buy is when the selling stops....and that is certainly showing no sign of stopping...in fact it is increasing...you cannot make any deductions from the differential between the PLC and local price...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I would think that that was obvious, I think that it is quite clear, based on the normal relationship that the selling is orginating out of london..so when the relationship normalizes so to, will the share price.. right now and prehaps for months to come the share is most definalty not a buy. and all other factors will need to be in place before I put money ino this counter..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
complicating things...volume is in London..(about 5X)so the price is set there and the local price lags a little...no indicator of trend as this can change by the minute..
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
I will try to do a space-time line projection, maybe it will give some mathemathical clue,will be interesting to see.Its a pity I cant paste a graph here,It will explain things easier.Watch this space.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip John. One investment philosopy says buy good companies when bad things happen to them - buy on big dips. Another says never catch falling knives. How do you reconcile the two?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You seem to have got it pretty much spot on... well done.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks TZ. And WHL doesn't look half bad today does it. Hopefully there won't be too many gammons at half price in January. What the heck, with your profits you can buy them in December!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
jeez, can you believe thats just around the corner already. seems like just last week i boiled the last gammon in my freezer. Little bumbed though, My SAB & FSR installment haven't rolled over yet since last week. I have a feeling in my bones the new installments will conveiniently omit today...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
my partner works for Woolies....so i get them half price anyway....but more seriously....WHL is a seasonal play...and if you are a value and quality investor you gotta look at WHL....I am neither of these so I just look for the bounce off the 61.8 retracement....much less complicated
0 Kudos