Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Investec trading desk?

john_1
Super Contributor
Does sombody have their phone number please, also the link to the hotedds website.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
john_1
Super Contributor
tx! sorted out thanks.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
John.Are you still holding AMS? Very shortly my losses will be 5 digits?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
preston, what do you have? Straight shares or something geared?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Straight Shares. I am staying away from gearing product for now. I am still licking my wounds on how unkind this market has been to me. (novice trader)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Preston I sold this morning 1 it broke my support 2 it was R5 from the barrier. You never want this thing to hit the barrier. I will but it back but once it clears that barrier zone.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip, it's nasty. But with shares you have options - most novice traders grab warrants or SSFs, then you know pain. If it's any comfort I've seen the market do this quite a few times and it's always settled and come straight back. Of course that's no guarantee it'll do it this time but history is on your side. IF IT WAS ME (and it's not so it's entirely up to you) I would sit it out with your longer time frame. In future tho, even if you are holding long term, you should always has a stop loss (maybe 20%) cos you can always sell and re-enter. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Brazen. I believe i have learn't a few lesson from this market Firstly , ALWAYS HAVE A STOP LOSS IN PLACE. and secondly,if you are buying, DO NOT RUSH IN BLINDLY. (have an idea at what price to buy at and just wait for that price) It is all about PATIENCE
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Well done Preston. You're a quick learner - it took me two years to get that!
0 Kudos