Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Investing in ETFs in multiple names

jo_soap
Contributor
I know I am sounding like a stuck record on this but I dont seem to be able to get advice from financial advisor(s). They keep wanting me to invest in unit trusts. How does one go about investing in overseas ETFs in multiple names?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
BC02
Super Contributor
the only of way investing overseas that I know about is one of 3 (there might be more I just dont know of them). Sanlam iTrade, PSG and IG Markets.
You might be able to speak to someone there about getting hold of those that your looking for.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
Open a trading account (not that difficult)with TDAmeritrade or E-trade, Charles Schwab, etc. and many more. ETF trades might cost you zero or up to $10 per trade. Some of the ETF costs are almost zero as well. Morningstar = good research vehicle, but many more as well. Good luck!
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
sorry forgot about TD Ameritrade, I've heard of some people that are very happy with them. I've also heard that there brokerage fees on trades are up to $10. (Why cant they do that here?!!)
0 Kudos
jo_soap
Contributor
Thanks all. Will contact them to find out if it is possible to open an account in multiple names (family members)
0 Kudos