Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Investing in bullion

______
Occasional Contributor
Morning all. I was doing research on how to buy bullion in SA. Came accross this site - www.metcon.co.za. I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on investing in bullion and on this company in particular? What does the law say about owning physical gold and silver?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
klapka
Super Contributor
A change in the law has been promalgated that would allow us to hold physical unwrought gold for the first time since 1911. But why would you want to? Just more stuff for criminals?
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
I don't know - the Rand price of Gold is almost flat, if not going down, as the Rand improves for the World Cup, and USA destroying the dollar. Maybe after the World Cup - gold will be good! Rather buy shares in companies that are selling gold in USD, I think. My GLD went down, got stopped out, and has not moved substantially for months.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Consider collectable bullion direct from the mint. Do the research and see what's available.
0 Kudos