Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Investment outlook presentation - online

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the recent investment outlook presentation has been uploaded. Find it on the menu ==> help and education ==> investment outlook
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
shares
Contributor
Interesting reading. I'd recommend starting with the equities outlook if only because it is more accessible due to being shorter and less technical than economic outlook. One thing that would be useful is if they were to explain their reasoning behind their forecasts. It is one thing to say that you expect inflation to be tamed and come in at x% points, it's quite another to claim that it will be due to predicted productivity increases, future tighter monetary policy, reduced government expenditure, stalled wage growth, etc. Then it is much easier to agree or disagree with the predictions. Then again it is much easier to call nonsense on such predictions if the reasons are given... Back to the outlooks. In a nutshell the bull market is expected to continue provided the popping of the US housing market bubble doesn't put a halt to world growth. Locally just hope ANC succession struggle doesn't put an end to positive investor sentiment. If the foreign buyers in the JSE get spooked it will get ugly fast.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
shares, well the detail was in the presentation. In other words the speaker, remember that these are actually presentations and reading the slides is only second prize. That said I have audio files of the JHB event and when I return from travels next week I hope to upload them (depending on size).
0 Kudos